Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 24

Re: Bill download option greyed out

Go to solution

@michael3wrote:
Hi conrad, do you know of a way I can go back to the old bill design format.

Unfortunately I have no idea - I didn't even know the design had changed until I saw your various posts. I wouldn't be at all surprised that the roll out of the new design will be done in the typical haphazard BT way with no time frame.
I originally thought that you were experiencing a "normal" MyBT glitch as I get them every couple of months or so.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 24

Go to solution

Well I have now been put on the new bill format. I was going to have a mega rant about the changes and the fact that to me it is too simplistic as it shows the net figure for my broadband cost after LRS and the now unquantified special discount - but that's just me. However I was worried about how to download and save the calls I had made but fortunately these are now listed on the actual bill so that is a major plus.

Overall I have to say BT must have polled the Teletubbies for the new design and format both for the bill and associated MyBT analysis changes (apologies to any real people who may have given any feedback).

0 Ratings
michael3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 24

Go to solution

Returning to the lack of a CSV file and copy and pasting of the itemised bill into a spreadsheet produces a single column.

Having now researched the problem I have a Macro to add to a spreadsheet which converts the single column into the required number of columns usually six for the landline calls, and five for mobile calls and texts, and only three for data usage.  I use it as to create a CSV file.

I do this so I'am unlikely to make a mistake with my working spreadsheet.

Installing the Macro

I’m Using Excel Mac so things might be a little different if your using something else. Open a blank spreadsheet and make Four pages, then open Visual Basic, in the project panel there should be, Four files, Called Sheet 1, Sheet 2, Sheet 3, & Sheet 4. Double click Sheet 1 and a blank sheet will open in the right panel called sheet 1 (Code), Now copy the macro 1 into it, then do the same with sheet 2 with macro 2, and again in sheet 3 with macro 2,  and again in sheet 4 with Macro 3. Make sure you get all this correct.

Adding the Data (Landline Calls)

Open your BT account on the web it won’t work from a PDF, and get to your current bill and copy the itemised items for the Landline calls making sure you don’t copy the headings, now paste it into sheet 1 of your spreadsheet at Column “A” Row 2.( DON’T use Row 1 ). you now have all your landline calls in Column A Row 2.

Run the Macro, in my case it’s in tools at the bottom of the list, select Sheet 1 from the list and select Run, in a few seconds, depending on the speed computer, your itemised bill will appear in six columns.  If you don’t get that, oops you made a mistake.

Do the same thing for your Mobile calls into sheet 2 it works the same way except you will select Sheet 2 from the macro list before selecting Run. This time there will only be five columns.

Do the same with the Mobile Texts into sheet 3 using Macro 2 again.

Do the same with the Mobile Data into sheet 4 using Macro 3

Macro 1

This will convert a single Column into Six Columns use it for Landline Call  

———————————————————————————

Sub Move_Rows()

'

' Move_Rows Macro

' Use this for Calls from a Landline

' Moves single row data into 6 separate columns

'

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

i = 2 'Initial row number

Do While Cells(i, "A") <> ""

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 5, "A")).Select ' This is the heading

Selection.Copy

Cells(i - 1, "A").Select

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _

False, Transpose:=True

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 4, "A")).Select ' 4 will make 6 Columns

Application.CutCopyMode = False

Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp

i = i + 1

Loop

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

————————————————————————————————

Macro 2

This will convert a single Column into Five Columns use it for Mobile Calls & Texts

——————————————————————————

Sub Move_Rows()

'

' Move_Rows Macro

' Use this with Mobile Calls & Texts

' Moves single row data into 5 separate columns

'

i = 2 'Initial row number

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 4, "A")).Select

Selection.Copy

Cells(i - 1, "A").Select

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 3, "A")).Select ' 3 will make 5 Columns

i = i + 1

Loop

End Sub

———————————————————————————————

Macro 3

This will convert a single Column into Three Columns use it for Mobile Data Usage.

Sub Move_Rows()

'

' Move_Rows Macro

' Moves single row data into 3 separate columns

'

i = 2 ' Initial row number

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 2, "A")).Select

Selection.Copy

Cells(i - 1, "A").Select

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 1, "A")).Select ' 1 will make 3 Columns

i = i + 1

Loop

End Sub

Now I know this all works because my BT bill changed in October 2019 and I just left the data in a single column for Oct, Nov & Dec. Now I’ve used the macro and my 2019 spreadsheet is complete.

Good luck to all who use this and here is where i got the macro in the first space.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33659029/move-rows-of-data-to-columns-then-delete-the-rows

2 Answer Edited Nov 11 ’15 by   KingOfTheNerds

Regards.

0 Ratings
michael3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 24

Go to solution

Sorry about the errors in the above Post 14-2-2020

Paragraph two should read

Having now researched the problem I have a Macro to add to a spreadsheet which converts the single column into the required number of columns usually six for the landline and mobile calls. Five for texts, and only three for data usage.  I use it to convert the single column BT give us.

Installing the Macro

I’m Using Excel Mac so things might be a little different if your using something else. Open a blank spreadsheet and make Four pages, now open Visual Basic, in the project panel there should be, Four files, Called Sheet 1, Sheet 2, Sheet 3, & Sheet 4. Double click Sheet 1 and a blank sheet will open in the right panel called Sheet 1 (Code), Now copy and paste Macro 1  into it, then do the same with Sheet 2 with Macro 1 again, and again in Sheet 3 with Macro 2,  and again in Sheet 4 with Macro 3. Make sure you get all this correct.

Do the same thing for your Mobile calls into Sheet 2 it works the same way except you will select Sheet 2 from the Macro list before selecting Run. Once again there will be Six columns.

Do the same with the Mobile Texts into Sheet 3 using Macro 2.———————————————————————————

Macro 1

This will convert a single Column into Six Columns use it for Landline & Mobile Calls.

———————————————————————————

Sub Move_Rows()

'

' Move_Rows Macro

' Use this for Calls from a Landline and Mobiles

' Moves single row data into 6 separate columns

'

i = 2 ' Initial row number

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 5, "A")).Select ' This is the heading

Selection.Copy

Cells(i - 1, "A").Select

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 4, "A")).Select ' 4 will make 6 Columns

i = i + 1

Loop

End Sub

————————————————————————————————

Macro 2

This will convert a single Column into Five Columns use it for Mobile Texts.

——————————————————————————

Sub Move_Rows()

'

' Move_Rows Macro

' Use this with Mobile Texts

' Moves single row data into 5 separate columns

'

i = 2 ' Initial row number

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 4, "A")).Select

Selection.Copy

Cells(i - 1, "A").Select

Range(Cells(i, "A"), Cells(i + 3, "A")).Select ' 3 will make 5 Columns

i = i + 1

Loop

End Sub

Saving 

In Excel you cannot save multiple sheets as CSV you have to use the standard format, and for the Mac its .xlsx. However if you want a CSV File just put everything on one page but you will have to change   i = 2 ' Initial row number for each Macro to whatever Row No. you put the BT single column. 

Or you can have Four separate files called Landline Calls.csv, Mobile Calls.csv, Mobile text.csv and Mobile Data.csv. Make them Templates and you won’t need to save the Macros with every file. 

I’m sure someone will be able to rework this so you select the start line as part of the Macro.

I hope I’ve corrected all the errors so give it a go and let me know how you get on.

Regards

0 Ratings