cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Bill has been passed onto a debt collector, need help.

Go to solution

The BT account started on 11th October 2017 on a 12 month contract. We aimed to cancel the contract at its end (11th October 2018) to avoid paying the fee for early cancellation. We vacated the property on the 31st June before the end of the contract and attempted to disable renewing the contract around then. We were told to call in the last month of the account instead. This call was then made around the 13thSeptember and the account was closed.

All the payments up until 19th September when the last payment bounced were made. However, the account was erroneously charged additional fees for cancelling earlier in the final bill, despite our request to finalise the account at the end of the payment period to avoid these fees. The only fee we should have to pay should be the £34.99 for the last payment that bounced. This was also something we tried to settle with BT – We called and asked if they had received payment correctly after the payment bounced, but they did not have knowledge of anything wrong and just stated that the account was closed and there was no outstanding balance on it.

Additionally, the fees and how it adds up haven’t been explained. Not sure what to do as the debt collectors themselves don't seem to read this information and just resolve to send more threatening emails instead of engaging in dialogue. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bill has been passed onto a debt collector, need help.

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @AleisterSkinner  and welcome.

I'm really sorry there's been problems wth the bill. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team.
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Message 4 of 7

Bill has been passed onto a debt collector, need help.

Go to solution
The BT account started on 11th October 2017 on a 12 month contract. We aimed to cancel the contract at its end (11th October 2018) to avoid paying the fee for early cancellation. We vacated the property on the 31st June before the end of the contract and attempted to disable renewing the contract around then. We were told to call in the last month of the account instead. This call was then made around the 13thSeptember and the account was closed.

All the payments up until 19th September when the last payment bounced were made. However, the account was erroneously charged additional fees for cancelling earlier in the final bill, despite our request to finalise the account at the end of the payment period to avoid these fees. The only fee we should have to pay should be the £34.99 for the last payment that bounced. This was also something we tried to settle with BT – We called and asked if they had received payment correctly after the payment bounced, but they did not have knowledge of anything wrong and just stated that the account was closed and there was no outstanding balance on it.

Additionally, the fees and how it adds up haven’t been explained. Not sure what to do as the debt collectors themselves don't seem to read this information and just resolve to send more threatening emails instead of engaging in dialogue. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @AleisterSkinner  and welcome back.

I offered to help you on your previous thread Bill has been passed onto debt collector. If you haven't already done so please reply to my private message and I'll be happy to lend a hand.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

You didn't reply to my private message to you, so I decided to repost 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @AleisterSkinner,

I can see we've received your details. This is passed to the team and we'll reply normally with in 48 hours of us receiving your details.

There are a few cases ahead of you in our queue and we'll reply as soon as we can.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings