cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garytaz
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Bill payments

Out of work with no notice and no savings. Universal Credit is going to take weeks. BT threatening restrictions on my line if I don’t pay the bill but to do so would be spending money for food. None of the usual contact routes are working and they're asking we only call in emergencies. I’ve tried to get through but it takes hours. Can anybody help?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Bill payments

You need to get through to billing and see if you can organise something to give you some time to pay before billing contact you for non payment

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 11

Hi @Garytaz  welcome to the community and thanks for posting, due to the Covid 19 crisis we are no longer suspending or barring a customers account for non-payment until the end of June.

Mrsbalmighty1
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Is this true. I had the we haven't received payment call yesterday. I'm on hold right now (have been for an hour) waiting to see if I'll be OK for 10days. 

Tags (1)
Mrsbalmighty1
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

@NeilO is it true? As I'll put phone down now as I've been on hour for 80mins now. Any confirmation on it from BT somewhere? I have a high risk person in the house so I can't risk getting cut off

Garytaz
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Does this mean BT will not be adding late payment charges?

0 Ratings
Susiesbits1
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Disconnection during Coronavirus outbreak?

I have an outstanding bill and no wages! I have had an email saying I will be disconnected today (April 1st).  In a panic as I cannot get through on phone. I am in isolation and need to be able to speak to family/ work/ doctor... HELP! 

0 Ratings
Susiesbits1
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

I have had an email 5 days ago saying I will be disconnected today, April 1st?? Will I be disconnected?? I have £104 outstanding. I need to work from home and speak to my family while self isolating. I haven't been paid yet! Please respond.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

NeilO is a moderator on this forum. He is also a BT employee and is able to speak for BT. 

If he has stated that BT  are no longer suspending or barring a customers account for non-payment until the end of June it will be correct.

I'm pretty sure NeilO and the other moderators are extremely busy and do not have the time to repeat this every time somebody asks the same question particularly on the same thread.

Mustangnm1
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Is this regardless of when bill was generated. I have an early March bill I can’t now pay due to husband loosing job and I’ve read Bt will only not restrict for bills after lockdown?
0 Ratings