Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ollie29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Billed for landline yet to be installed

Hello,

A brief bit of background:

I have been trying to get a phone line with BT since late June - my first phone contact was on the 27th.

On 3rd August an engineer attended but the job had been built for the wrong exchange and the line could not be installed. The engineer made a note of this and I also rang BT who confirmed the records had been updated.

On 9th August another engineer attended but the exchange was still incorrect. Again, the engineer and I both notified BT.

A further appointment was made for 30th August and on the 17th I was told case management would call prior to the 30th to confirm.

On the 29th, I was told that the exchange had still not been updated and therefore the installation could not take place.

However, an OpenReach subcontractor - MJ Quinn - arrived to install the line despite there being nobody at the property, and apparently informed BT that a line was now installed.

There is no dial tone, and when dialled from my mobile the number is not recognised.

MyBT shows that order as complete and I have received a bill for installation and line rental on a line that does not yet exist.

I attempted to explain this to a phone rep but they could not understand that the information they had was incorrect and a phone line had not yet been installed.

I have now taken two days off work and spent countless hours on the phone for a landline that has not been installed after nearly three months; a bill reminder threatening me with extra charges and disconnection (!!) really is the final straw.

I would like to achieve the following:

1. Postponement/cancellation without penalty of the bill for services as yet unrendered.
2. Exchange record correction and a successful landline installation.

Many thanks for your help,
Ollie
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Billed for landline yet to be installed

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi @ollie29,

After reading your post, I can understand your frustration. I would like to take a look at what is happening with your case. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ollie29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Thank you both - Paddy, I have sent you my details on the Contact The Mods form.

Thanks,
Ollie
0 Ratings
ollie29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

I haven't heard back from the moderation team yet - what's a normal wait time for this?

Thanks,
Ollie
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @ollie29,

Thanks for posting. We're busier than usual so it's taking longer than expected to reply but we have your details and will be in touch as soon as your email reaches the top of the queue.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ollie29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Great, thanks David.
0 Ratings
ollie29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Thank you @PaddyB for resolving the issues with billing and the incorrectly "installed" line.

Has there been any progress with OpenReach since we last spoke on October 18th? We've now had four months in this flat without a working landline/internet connection…
0 Ratings