Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkculmore
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Billing Issue

Go to solution

You might be able to help/advise

I was going to cancel my contract with BT for line rental/internet when my contract ran out on 1st December. This was mainly due to my reluctance to engage any longer in the BT model of advance payments and taking out much more per month via direct debit than you actually use, particularly as I was unemployed for 3 months July/August/September and I just couldn't justify it any longer.

I paid by direct debit up until August of this year but cancelled it as I was made redundant in June and couldn't afford the £41 being taken each month. It was my intention to cancel completely at the end of November and at this point 12/8/15 (had an online chat with an advisor) the outstanding balance on my account up to 6th November was just £9.21 thus I didn't need to make another £82 in payments in September and October of this year.

I called to cancel on 3rd November and one of your sales team said she thought I could get a monthly bill and emailed a quote of £9.85 for line rental and £17.99 line rental = £27.84 per month (I still have the email from **edited by mod**) and I told her I'd think about it.

I was called back by one of the BT sales team on the 10th November. I explained about my unwillingness to sign up again unless I could just pay for what I use monthly via standing order (via direct debit BT help themeslves and did so in the past taking out £61.50 last November).

I was in touch with BT sales team again on 10th November. Again I explained about the advance billing and the BT sales agent admitted she though it was a crazy system and she would sort this out for me and get a system in place whereby I could pay each month and the fee would be a total of £27.84. The call lasted 23 mins 33 seconds (03301234150). I only agreed to proceed on this basis (and hope BT have a recording of this conversation)

The sales advisor has not made good on her commitment to ensure that as agreed I could pay monthly. Instead I got a bill for £100.97 and now today have another bill for £54.45 which includes a fee of £7.50 for late payment.

I've now got a new job now but on less money I was on last year and I just cant afford the up front payment of £100.97 - £33 I paid in November as agreed (now I think I owe £67) and your collection team insist on paying the balance in full. 

I can only afford £33 max per month and have a standing order set up so this gets paid when my monthly salary is paid (25th). 

I'm been charged for a late fee and have had my internet cut off since last Wednesday 2nd of December?? I'm told I cant have this suspension lifted until I've paid in full which essentially means BT want me to pay a full 3 months in advance which I dont think is at all fair.

To be honest I'm sorry I didn't stick to my original plan and just cancel like I'd intended to. 

Is there anything that can be done by BT to help get this resolved?

I'd be grateful if you can assist.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Billing Issue

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Welcome @jkculmore

Sorry to hear that there is some confusion with your bills. I would like to take a look at this for you. 

Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will take it from there.

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
jkculmore
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you!!

0 Ratings
jkculmore
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you it was another BT admin who sent me details and I've sent an email and have got a reference number

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi jkculmore,

I'm really happy I was able to get this all straightened out for you. I've dropped you an email to close off the case today. If you have any more questions please get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
jkculmore
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi David I've replied to ur email that came to my hotmail.

Thanks for all your help

Cheers

John

0 Ratings