Did you mean: 
Highlighted
addda222
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Billing & contract issue

Go to solution

Hi,

Maybe someone will be able to help me here. I have an ongoing problem with my bill.

I’ve been on a year long broadband contract with BT. On the 18th of July 2017 it was coming to the end, so on 28th of June 2017 I called BT to resign from further service. They told me that if I stay with BT next year I will be billed 23,99 per month so I extended my contract for another year. I’ve got a confirmation of the order on my email.

When my first bill came from this new contract (18 Jul 2017) I’ve noticed I’ve been charged 40,99 instead of 23,99! No discount was applied! I contacted BT again through a chat and they assured me that it will be fixed and that they will reduce the amount of money in my second bill. I was told that I will pay next month 6,99 (23,99-17=6,99) and after that 23,99 as it should be from the start. When my second bill came through I’ve seen that nothing was fixed and I was billed 40,99 again!

This time I called BT immediately and they told me that they will fix it and that I was given a credit (2 x 17 pounds) which means that in my third bill I won’t pay anything and in the 4th bill I will be charged less and finally in my 5th bill I will be charged normally 23,99. They gave me some sort of a reference number for the issue. I’m billed by direct debit and I’ve noticed on by bank account that this direct debit is set to 40,99. I will get the third bill soon and I want to make sure everything will be fixed as is it should be and that I won’t be billed 40,99 again. At the moment, I can’t find any evidence on my BT account that the problem was solved. It takes far too much time and stress to fix it. Can someone check if everything is in place now? I want to get the money refunded (34 pounds from these 2 bills) and make sure that after that I will be billed 23,99 each month and that my contract will end in the middle of July 2018 as it should. This situation is really stressing me out and that’s not a way a customer should be treated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Billing & contract issue

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @addda222

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you're being charged at a higher amount than what you agreed to when renewing your broadband contract.  I appreciate the time you have already spent on this trying to get this sorted.

Can you send us over your details and we will help you from here?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @addda222,

Thank you for taking my call. I can confirm that I've corrected error and from next month the discount will be showing correctly on your BT Bill. I've also added the missing discount onto your account for this bill.

Please accept my apology for the getting this fixed.

Thanks

Paddyb

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
addda222
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you all for your help!
0 Ratings