Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Billing and Halo benefits

Hi,

I recently jumped to the Full Fibre 500 package and noticed that what I am paying is more than what a new customer would pay.  My understanding is that a new customer would pay £49.99/month.

Given that my package include Halo 1 which states "Your bill won’t go up when your contract ends and you’ll never pay more than a new customer."

My question is, why am I being charged more than a new customer?  And who do I contact to fix that?

Thanks

CJC

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Billing and Halo benefits

new customer would not have Halo which is extra

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

that's true, but if I were a new customer I would be paying £49.99  because I would be a new customer, and that's the new customer rate.  As I'm not a new customer I must therefore fall into the "you’ll never pay more than a new customer." clause, especially as my previous package also included the Halo 1 benefits

So again, why am I being changed more than £49.99?  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

if a new customer added Halo then cost would increase

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

If you read the Ofcom link it states that the price should be the same for new customers or those who re-new their contract.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2019/fairer-prices-for-broadband-cu...

The difference in price may be because you did not renew your contract, you upgraded to a different package from what you had.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

but the wording clearly states "you’ll never pay more than a new customer"  there is no * or any other caveats listed.

seems rather shifty to me

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@cassidyc wrote:

but the wording clearly states "you’ll never pay more than a new customer"  there is no * or any other caveats listed.

The Ofcom link is about if you are out of contract, and re-contract you should not pay more than a new customer.

"BT, Sky and TalkTalk will allow their out-of-contract customers to get the same deals as new customers, when they take out a new contract".

That is if you were re-contracting on the same package so that you are comparing like with like. You did not re-contract on the same package, you upgraded to a different package. Ofcom does not appear to say you should get the same price in those circumstances.

The Halo price promise states in the small print:- 

"BT Halo benefits

Our Price Promise: You’ll keep the same monthly price, when your contract ends"

0 Ratings