cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Billing dispute

Can someone tell me how best to get in contact with someone from the Deadlock Team??

Once again I have been given false information from BT customer services...

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Billing dispute

Have you escalated your dispute and BT have now issued you with deadlock letter where neither side can agree

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

My price increase was due to rise by £2.87 but when I received my bill the price had increased by £9.41.

I contacted the billing team last Saturday and was compensated by £40 as a good will gesture for the mistake in my billing. I was then passed to a Bradley in the Deadlock Team who said I would receive an email confirming that my next bill would be adjusted back to the original price increase of £2.87. 7 days later and two further 1 hour phone calls I still haven't received an email from the Deadlock Team.

I would like to speak to someone from the Deadlock team asap...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

There is no 'deadlock team' you have to follow the complaint escalation process.

You let the advisor know you're unhappy, they raise a complaint and attempt to resolve at first point of contact - at this stage it appears you accepted £40 goodwill and no doubt the complaint is now closed.

If you had said you were still unhappy, at this point no goodwill is offered and the advisor escalates to their team leader, the team leader investigates and tries to resolve it, if you're still unhappy the complaint would be escalated, this is where the complaint is looked into again and if you still remain unhappy a letter can be sent signposting you to the ADR route.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Do you work for BT?

If there is no Deadlock Team why was I told last Saturday, Tuesday and again tonight that my open complaint is with the Deadlock Team. 

My complaint isnt closed as BT still haven't explained why my bill increased by £9.41 instead of the £2.87.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

If your complaint is still open, it will be dealt with but you'll have to wait for them to contact you, I hope you get the answers you're looking for.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

And how long is the standard timeframe for this sort of issue to be resolved by BT?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

BT will try and resolve it as quickly as possible, once a complaint is open BT have 8 weeks (56 days) to resolve it, if not then you can contact the Ombudmsman without a deadlock letter because of the time passed.

0 Ratings