cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Billing help needed

I am being billed for a BT mobile that I don’t have. About 18 months ago I took out a sim only deal with BT along with my home telephone and broadband package, after using it for a year, I realised in the 12 months I’d used the mobile sim 4 time so I thought well that’s not cost effective, it was costing me £9 a month I’d had it for 12 months and made 4 phone calls, the phone calls I’d made were local and short, so in all it had cost me £108.00 for 4 calls probably totalling £1

so I phoned BT and explained, they said no problem we will cancel your mobile sim as we can see you’ve not used it, in fact well even give you a refund for this month, great I thought that’s the end of that.

well no it isn’t because since that call months ago, I’m still getting billed each month £9 how can I stop this, I’ve tried to contact BT yesterday, but you can’t chat online, I tried to phone after listening to an answer phone tune for 35 minutes I eventually got through, but then when I was asked for 3 digits out of my passcode digit 1 digit 3 and signet 5 I was told it was incorrect and they would have to end the call and send me out in the post a new code.

i tried to explain what I was trying to do, but they were just not interested, and told me when I got the pass code I’d have to phone back.

They also told me they would be happy to take my bill payment off me over the phone, for my package, if i wanted to pay it,  but they would not rectify the £9 overcharge for the mobile sim I haven had for 6 months, they wanted me to pay in full. They then ended the call.

i then paid for my package over the internet, I deducted the £9 for the mobile sim I don’t have, not I’ve got a message saying the shortfall on my bill has been put in the hands of collectors. 

this is crazy

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Billing help needed

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much, hopefully I can get something sorted now. Regards ALLAN
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Hi @AllanPar, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you're being charged for your sim after cancelling this previously.

If you're account is password protected I'm afraid that we won't be able to help until you get the letter with your password reminder. We really do want to help but at the same time we have to comply with data protection rules when accessing a customers account information to ensure your personal information is kept safe.

Post back when you get the letter and we'll explain how you can get in touch with the moderation team. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thank you, I’ll post back when I get the new pass code. regards Allan
0 Ratings