Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorthamSean
Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Billing problems

Go to solution
Is there a way of speaking to someone UK based regarding my bill. Or even an easy way of speaking to someone goig through the automated service.

I switched from Broadband to Infinity. But the salesperson messed up and put me on quarterly DD. I'm very annoyed as she was saying how much a month and as I was on monthly DD I didn't want it changed.

I rang for help and it took several attempts to speak to someone. Finally I got through the person said she hd set up a monthly dd but now I don't have any dd at all. So that was an hour wasted.

I would really like to speak to someone who will get this sorted nd low ME to pay BT as I was before. I am sorry but the staff in India seem to wobble if they go off script. everytime I contact BT something seems to go wrong and I end up with a frustrating time and a wait to see IF they have done what I have requested.
0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: Billing problems

Go to solution

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

0 Ratings
NorthamSean
Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution
I will give it a go, but in the past it proved fruitless.

With all due respect to you, I really should be able to easily ring up and speak to someone who is confident and knowledgeable. When I rang the other day I went around in circles, I pushed buttons and it felt like a fluke I actually got to sp ask to someone. All this for something generated by a BT employee. There was no problem before.

I've been a BT customer for 25 years on DD, in that time only one payment was missed, due to me not updating some account details.
0 Ratings
NorthamSean
Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution
Tried that !

Absolutely useless. Got me through to what appears the same office. Basically I signed up from broadband to infinity. The sales person changed me to quarterly billing, didn't ask for that, wanted to continue monthly. Spoke to someone who made it monthly again, this morning notification to say cancelled and on quarterly billing. The person I spoke too just said "you are in credit of £---.--. Well yes as a dd monthly customer approaching a bill (tomorrow) I should be in credit. Honestly they have NO idea ! Went to set up dd, but quoting for an amount including net protect as an add on to broadband ( inclusive on infinity2). And quoting TV and sport which I cancelled last month !

Had to be put through to cancel tv and sport, again, now have to wait until I'm billed to sort out monthly dd.

And they call that service !!!!!!!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

Hi NorthamSean,

I'll be able to help you with your Direct Debit. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
NorthamSean
Contributor
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution
Thanks Paddy, can I just hold fire for 24 hrs. The bill quarterly bill should be produced over night. I can see the problem they are having but the ignore my comments. I am assuming that part of the probl m is that it's a bill that straddles broadband and infinity. When they quote me an amount its inflated because it must, I assume show just broadband.

It's annoying though as the infinity sale person noted that I was paying too much before. Infinity for me with net protect included and dropping the tv and sport should mean my direct debit will go down, not up.

I'll see what happens and can I contact you if it doesn't pan out ?
0 Ratings
NorthamSean
Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution
Paddy LIVID now ! Just had a call from the BT Call Centre in the Phillipines to ask why I canclled my direct debit ? I asked Why don't they read the notes before dialling ? Only to get told they are auto dialler calls. Talk about winding customers up !!!

Hopefully once my account has billed tomorrow you can help me sort this out.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

Hi NorthamSean,

I am sorry to hear you received that call. When you send in your details I'll be able to take a look at your account and get things back to the way they were.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
NorthamSean
Contributor
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution
Well I am sorry but no ones contacted me. My Dircet Debit hasn't been set up, it won't allow me to now as I have an outstanding bill. The reason I pay Direct Debit being to avoid having BILLS. I've rang numbers etc done what I could etc

So I have contacted the person from executive enquiries who helped me last time.

What a shame that someone messed up my account. Do do hope the trail of notes on my account help by answering training issues. I have tried to sort things out with numerous calls etc and all to no avail.

Unfortunately I can't leave BT as I have just signed a new contract but come the time the contract is up I think it's time I looked elsewhere.
0 Ratings
NorthamSean
Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution
AWFUL ! TRUELY AWFUL !

A call back this morning, 8:30 on a Sunday. DD can't be set up until I pay bill in full ! A bill with errors on that will put me in credit when they sort out the erroneous charges ! A credit which I won't be able to get back, if anyone's ever tried you'll know that. And if I don't pay by 23rd they will cut my line !

All for their error !!!!!
0 Ratings