Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goldmankind
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Billing query

Go to solution

Hi

I have an 18 months contract with BT with a £20 discount for be a loyal long standing customer. This contract is endding on August 7th. I have just  noticed that the bill dated 4th July  failed to give me the £20  discount  but only a discount of £3.23 from July 4th to July 8th.

I have the screenshot from Live chat which shows the contract ending on Aug 7th. Is  this because i have ignored the marketing  emails  for the last 6 months trying to say my discount is about to end when it isnt.

The intention was to contact BT  in August  to discuss a new contract and discount. not  sure that i will be doing that now after what BT  have just tried to pull.

Peter

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
garybs29
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Billing query

Go to solution

Looks to me like nothing has been pulled by BT. From what you've described it looks like the discount ended on July 8th & you've been charged the standard price without the discount from that date. Would be worth checking with the options team to confirm 100% though

0 Ratings
Highlighted
goldmankind
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi  the contract was for 18 months  ending on 7th August  not July 8th. If BT live help  told me July  that is their fault. This date was confirmed on more than one occasion. I have the saved screenshot to show this as I have already stated

Peter

0 Ratings
garybs29
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I've been caught out by this myself before, just because the contract ends in August doesn't automatically mean the discount ends then too it can end on a different date as I've discovered in the past, best advice would be to speak to the customer options team to confirm though

0 Ratings