cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmyfenn
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Billing , refunds and bad customer care.

So I checked my mums account and she is basically paying £66 a month for broadband and line rental. Which is definitely more  than what I set up for her last time I checked. And extremely high for anyone.

I looked at the bill and noticed she is paying £5 for bt sport (never watched or asked for) infinity 2 (can't even get the speeds offered in out area) and a 1571 charge ( we never have the phOne plugged in so useless)

i spoke to to the sales department and I was told that because we have gone out of contract its reverted to the old charges. Which is crazy as we never ordered these things

the contact we want is infinity 1, basic TV, and line rental. Which comes to around £44. Which to me still seems high.

i was also told I can't remove by sport from the package, I wanted to in case Itt reverts again and we end up paying. God knows how long they've been charging bt sport.  I'm pretty sure I've done all this before with clawing back the bill when random charges  were put on.

so basically is it normal for bt to not contact you when your contract is up, and charge you for channels and downloads speeds you've never wanted, it feels like a covert operati N to extract money from my mum, and I'm really annoyed, and the sales lady told me I was lucky she was offering us this new deal.  Is 44 for line rental basic to and infinity 1 the best we can do? And is there any chance to claim back all this over charging for things we didn't ever want.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Billing , refunds and bad customer care.

Ring BT UK customer options on 0800 800 030

0 Ratings
jimmyfenn
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

How is this number going to help me anymore than calling the 100 number and getting put through to the sales and bill No team?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Its the main number for discussing contracts, and is answered in the UK.

0 Ratings
jayne15
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I feel your pain! I am in the process of a complaint with BT. We have been struggling with our payments to BT for three years, and our phone and broadband are continuously disconnected due to the fact our bills are astronomical and we just can not afford them. To put it in perspective, We have paid bt over 1300 pounds in the past year.... I have called countless times and asked what can be done to reduce our bills, I have asked if I am on a high tariff for calls or Internet and surely there must be some way of cutting down what we are paying?? I was always told they were unable to help so we kept on for three years, paying to be reconnected and paying late payment charges, basically begging , stealing and borrowing just to keep connected.....until yesterday, when I tried again to call and ask someone to help, this time, the lady on the phone said " Your bills are so high because you have not been in contract for over three years, if you had been in contract they would of been over half of what they have been" ........ I am not ashamed to say that at this point I cried, I cried because for over three years of desperately struggling as a household and calling and asking for someone at BT to help us reduce our bill, nobody did anything. At no point did a member of BT take a second to look into our account and see that we were paying them everything we had just so our kids could go online and do their homework. They sat back and took our money. The lady I spoke to was gobsmacked nobody had suggested putting us back on contract earlier. It could of all been rectified so easily, so much time, tears and money could of been saved. I understand BT are under no obligation to inform customers that a contract is ended, but they are under obligation to provide a service. They have failed monumentally to provide a basic level of customer care to us, they have been grossly negligent with our service and with our money. Had I not asked for help with my bills, it would be a different story but I asked repeatedly to find a way to reduce my bills and here they totally failed their customer. I fully intend to take this complaint to the highest platform I can, not just for compensation but for the total injustice of it all. I don't work my **bleep** off to line the cash laden pockets of the fat cats at BT and neither should anyone else. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Because it's a different department.  BT sales are annoying and pushy.  Customer Options are another name for the retentions department - the people whose job it is to persuade you not to leave.

For what it's worth, if you're not sure what option to select, just pick cancellations.  that gets you through to the right people.

0 Ratings