cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terry-from-Kent
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Blocked from accepting new TV package due to outstanding order for full fibre broadband

As a long-standing BT TV customer I was reassured about the imminent changes to BT TV channels  (effective 1 March 2021) by the offer of an Entertainment and BT Sports package comparable to my existing deal.  Yesterday I received an email giving a “last chance” to sign-up to the new package. When I followed instructions to accept the two year deal (on-line) I was blocked from doing so because I have an outstanding order for full fibre broadband, due to be installed on 1 March 2021. Apparently the BT does not allow customers to have more than one order in the system at any one time; this seems to penalise loyal BT customers trying to enjoy the range of services provided. I hope BT will be be honourable when try again to receive the Entertainment and BT Sports deal after the new broadband order has been fulfilled!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Blocked from accepting new TV package due to outstanding order for full fibre broadband

Unfortunately it's true, the BT systems do allow multiple orders in most scenarios but for TV it has a broadband requirement, as your broadband is going through an upgrade it will stop changes being made to BT TV.
You won't be able to make changes until the day after your full fibre upgrade completes and the order closes.

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Re: Blocked from accepting new TV package due to outstanding order for full fibre broadband

It may be worth ringing them on 0800 800 150 to see if they can help

If the Smart Hub 2 is BT's best hub yet then what does that say about its predecessors ?
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 4 of 4

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

It may be worth ringing them on 0800 800 150 to see if they can help

They would only say the same thing, there's an upgrade to full fibre in progress, that open order will prevent anymore changes.

0 Ratings