cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Bring my connection date forward !

Hi I moved house last week and ordered a BT package this week but my connection date is the 2nd of April.

I urgently need to be able to work from home and can’t do so without broadband. 

BT was the previous owners’ broadband provider and BT services were turned off this week. 

In the present circumstances, can BT either give me an earlier connection date or turn back on the BT services that were recently switched off?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bring my connection date forward !

@GS2 

Welcome to this user forum.

The date you have been given would be the earliest date that Openreach can do the work.

It would not be possible to re-enable another account holder`s services.

Have you considered mobile broadband  while you wait?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bring my connection date forward !

The services that were "turned off" can not just be "turned on". They were ordered and part of the previous owners package and were billed and supplied to that person.

No doubt there are other people who will be in the same situation as you. BT and all the other ISPs who use the Openreach network request that you are connected and Openreach carry out this request by allocating the next available appointment/work slot. 

BT have no influence over when this takes place so unfortunately you will need to wait till the date supplied. 

0 Ratings