cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Britbox cancelled but still charged

Go to solution

I took advantage of the 6 months free Britbox, due to expire on 29/01/2022.

On 19/01/2022 I cancelled and had the email cancellation confirmation and advising I can still watch up to the 29th Jan, see screenshot.

Now today the 29th I had an email informing that I'm now paying £5.99 a month for Britbox has the trial has ended and I'm paying the full price, I went back to My BT and the subscription was active, I had not reactivated or signed up again, and had not had emails suggesting it was active again.

So just now I cancelled again, being the 29th to see I'm going to have to pay the £5.99 regardless

Can anyone assist me please?

Screenshot_2022-01-29_12-23-49.png

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Britbox cancelled but still charged

Go to solution

Hi @egward53,

I am sorry to see that you were still charged after you cancelled Britbox.

I can check to make sure that it is cancelled and I'll look into your billing too for the period that you were charged. I've sent you a private message about it. Reply back when you can.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you @DanielS 

I've replied to your pm with information requested.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I can give an update now.

Thanks to @DanielS I recieved a phone call from John at BT who looked into this for me and found there was some internal error when inititially cancelling the Britbox trial and a £5.99 erroneous charge susequently appeared on my bill.  He was able reverse the charge and all is now as it should be.

Many thanks to the mods who work here on our behalf, its a great service you provide and a good way to bring up issues and find a resolution, much appreciated to all involved.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @egward53, thanks for speaking with me earlier and glad I was able to resolve this for you 🙂

Cheers

John

0 Ratings