Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elliboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Broadband Contract Renewal

Go to solution

It's broadband renewal time again. And, as is often the case with BT, nothing is straightforward. At present I am on BB1 and pay £25.99 a month. Add in my anytime calls and this goes up to around £33.99 a month.

BT have offered to renew my BB contract at my current price, £25.99 a month. The downside is its a 2 year contract. However it does not mention the cost of the calls package, but does mention that there will be a CPI increase next April. Obviously I will get this checked before I renew (if I do) but under this offer does the anytime call package stay in place for two years as well? 

Also, to add to the confusion, if I look at my offers online I can get BB2 for the same price as my existing contact, but this will give me the same speeds as BB1. So what's the difference?

Just for info, I don't think my download speed can get a above about 40 mbps. 

Graeteful for any advice. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband Contract Renewal

Go to solution

@Elliboywrote:

BT have offered to renew my BB contract at my current price, £25.99 a month. The downside is its a 2 year contract. However it does not mention the cost of the calls package. 

Your old Unlimited Anytime Calls addon will be updated to the new Unlimited Calls Addon for the same price, UK mobiles will now be included, currently you get 50% off calls to UK mobiles.

@Elliboywrote:

However it does not mention the cost of the calls package, but does mention that there will be a CPI increase next April. Obviously I will get this checked before I renew (if I do) but under this offer does the anytime call package stay in place for two years as well?  

CPI price change is how BT will handle a price rise, this years CPI was 1.7%, which is a lot better than previous price rises when BB would jump £2.50, calling plans 50p, sport or tv £2-£4 etc, the downside is by accepting this means you can't leave due to the increase because you're accepting it now.
Your calling plan is an addon, it can be ceased anytime with 30 days notice.

@Elliboywrote:

Also, to add to the confusion, if I look at my offers online I can get BB2 for the same price as my existing contact, but this will give me the same speeds as BB1. So what's the difference?

SFF2 offers faster speeds if your line supports it, SFF2 also comes with 1000GB cloud storage Vs the 200GB you have now, Netprotect licenses increase to 15 devices on SFF2 Vs the 2 devices you have now, your choice if they appeal to you but it won't be faster if your line doesn't go above 40 now as SFF1 supports up to 55 mbps download and 10 mbps upload.

conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I would ring the Options/Value team on 0800 800 030 for a couple of reasons - firstly you may be able to haggle and lower the price but secondly you will need to know what the new calling plan options are - do not assume what you will be updated to , if at all,as there are 3 new plans -  Pay as You Go , 500 minutes for £5 monthly ( first 500 mins free) and Unlimited Minutes  for £15 monthly - all the costs are non discounted so you may be able to haggle these down as well.

The phone plans are also done on a rolling 30 day contract not 1/2 years etc.

Elliboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you both for your replies. Very helpful.

I will ring the Options team and see what they have to offer. Hopefully be able to save a few quid.