cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Broadband Fee £9.99

Sigh.. just noticed a broadband fee applied to my account £9.99. I have no knowledge of this and have not agreed to this. I am sure I can get it removed but it involves having to phone the dreaded call centre and waste an hour of my life.

Why do you do it BT.  Most modern businesses are pretty straight, and this is just bad practice to try and profiteer hoping people won't notice. Companies should be fined 10* the amount if they deliberately apply fees that were not agreed to peoples accounts. Then the practice will stop.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Broadband Fee £9.99

If you are a new customer then packages clearly show the £9.99p&p

https://www.bt.com/broadband/deals?s_cid=con_ppc_maxus_vidZ60_T1&vendorid=Z60&ds_rl=1000571&ds_rl=12...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

@apb1234 wrote:

Companies should be fined 10* the amount if they deliberately apply fees that were not agreed to peoples accounts. Then the practice will stop.

... and if the fee is correct can companies fine the customer 10* the amount for making a false accusation. 😄

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 10

£9.99 is the postage cost for BT, whatever was ordered came with new equipment, whilst the equipment is free on loan, postage charges apply.

Did your order include equipment (Hub or Youview box) ? if so the charge is valid.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

When negotiating my new contact, I said I didn't want to pay this "fee" and they agreed to waive the fee of £9.99. So I suspect a mistake, but it is a hassle sorting it out.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

I didn't agree the fee. Do keep up.

When we renegotiated the contacted you can just say "I dont want to pay that fee" and they will waive it because they still want you as a customer. This is what I did. 

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

If they promosed to waove the fee then why not speak to BT & there billing team direct then rather than posting on a mainly customer to customer forum? All i hear is i dread calling as i'll be waiting x amount of time yet i've never had this issue & all calls are now answered in the uk & ireland so things have improved drastically.

Also it may just be me but i think it's a bit tightfisted to not want to pay 9.99 for at least 150-200 worth of equipment that is being sent free of charge but that may just be me

Guru
Message 8 of 10

@apb1234wrote:

When negotiating my new contact, I said I didn't want to pay this "fee" and they agreed to waive the fee of £9.99. So I suspect a mistake, but it is a hassle sorting it out.

Advisors can't waive charges, It will be added to your bill, if it was agreed to waive it then you will see a credit of the same amount applied when a manager applies it.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Jeez. The customer service experience when calling is poor in my opinion. It may have improved possibly, but I try to avoid phoning.

Also that £9.99 is better in my pocket than with BT.  It not a charity. This is the market out there it is tough. As a consumer I negotiate and barter all the time....

One would be naive not to.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

When was the last time you telephoned BT and had a bad experience? There is an inference it may have been a while ago in view of the fact you mention "it may have improved"

0 Ratings