Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adrian91
Message 1 of 3

Broadband Living Hell 5 Month Delays!!

My pesonal hell from broadband summed up; 

I ordered my BT broadband when i moved into my new flat on the 7th of September 2013, I was given an activation date of the 29th of September, at the morning time intervall, it got to the morning time, so i thought maybe the engineer was running late, so no problem.

After not hearing anything all day and the next day i phoned them up to find out what exactly was going on, after being on hold for about 20 minutes i finally got through to someone who tracked my order, they then told me that there was essential engineering work to be done, thus my order could not be completed. This i completely understood due to the fact that my flat is a new build, i expected there to be maybe a teething problem or two, they then gave me another actiavtion date for 2 weeks time.

Again the same situation heard nothing until the next day when i received an email saying they expect it to be fixed on the 31st of October 2013. As annoying as this was it was not a massive issue as i had been using a 3G T-mobile dongle to get on the internet (It is worth pointing out that BT did offer me free BT hotspot codes, but due to the fact i dont live withing range this were useless, therefore i was paying 10£ a week to get online with a 3g Dongle).

But back to my living nightmare, these delays continued all through the rest of 2013, right up until the 3rd of February i received another email saying they expect work to be done by the 11th Of February 2014, at this point i was highly angry with bt and there engineers as in all this time i had seen only 1 BT Openreach Engineer and he was assigned to the lady who lives below me and across one, her broadband connection is currently acive and working, again worth pointing out she ordered her broadband at roughly same time as mine and her line was activated and working on 17th of January 2014, 

So today comes round the 19th of February 2014 and not having heard anything from BT in over 2 weeks i requested a phone call through there online chat help system. I did speak to a lady who then told me the engineers are expecting this work to be done on the 7th of March, she agreed that this was beyond a joke and said herself she was disgusted with the way i have been treated, she then told me she was going to extradite my case to make sure it was a priority and make sure it was closely monitored and promised me a phone call on Monday the 24th of February 2014.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to get my connection working and get BT to actually fix the problem i am having at the moment any suggestions help from anyone who has had similar problems will be much apreciated. 

Many Thanks In Advance 

Adrian

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband Living Hell 5 Month Delays!!

this is a customer hekp customer forum and you need assistance from BT.  the only bt employees on the forum are the mods and they will post a contact us when reading this post 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband Living Hell 5 Month Delays!!

Hi Adrian91,

Welcome and thanks for posting. This doesn't sound good at all. I'm really sorry you're having problems with the order. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings