Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Broadband Lost Service due to previous cancelled transfer BT/Sky

Go to solution

Back in Febuary, we initiated a transfer from BT to Sky as we had Sky Q installed which to get the best from needs a Sky service. No problem. An hour after I ordered with SKy, I got a tect from BT stating that there sorry I'm leaving and the balance of my contract will be billed 250 quid plus. Hmmm . So called them and it transpires I had a 2 year contract not a 1. So went back to Sky and cancelled the order or Sky Broadband, which was done.

A month on, thursday29th the broadband went off for no reason. Hub orange with flashing Red B. So I called BT and raised a fault. Which was closed the same day, fault however wasnt resolved. So I called back again 30th, again fault was closed again. I called again on the 31st and insisted it was looked at properly. I was told there was a fault somewhere and an engineer would be tasked for the 3rd of April (Already a delay as it was Easter).

3rd and the alloted time window came and went without any call,SMS or any entry on the fault tracker. 

I called back, to be told the engineer was working on it and it is due to finish today (3rd). 1700 I called back again, still no update. This time It was a fualt with my Hub and they need to send a replacement, 4-5 days wait. Not happy with this, a collegue had a brand new un opened Hub 6, which Is what BT were sending me. Connected up and again no Joy. Flashing Pink, meaning no DSL connection. So called them back, this time to find out that the line had no DSL service at all. After some digging it was found that the service was with Sky and not BT. Thats odd as I dont have any indication with Sky on the service, nor a Sky hub sent out.
The best they could offer, was to treat me as a new customer and setup a new line, and allegidly waver the transfer fees, from the Bt contract to the new BT contract and give me new custome rates. 

Reluctantly as I had no option, took this, after all the new price was a lot lower than I am paying now.
When I asked when the line would work again, they said thats down to Openreach and I would be contacted.
Well I got the email during the night of the 3rd/4th, giving me an activation of the 19th. How?????? Its a BT line, transfering from BT to BT.

They have given me a new number, new account number, new direct debit etc etc. All not an issue as I dont even use the darn phone.

How can I get the activation done earlier, as they seem to be waitinf for the 10 slamming period for no reason. This is a software switch BT to BT. Someone in BT help us. We have vunerable children, who are home educated and rely on internet for educational material. No one in BT seem to care and following standard scripts

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Broadband Lost Service due to previous cancelled transfer BT/Sky

Go to solution

Hi @plandregan,

I'm sorry your service was canceled in error. I would like to take a look at the details of your complaint to see if anything can be done to speed up the activation. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
It gets worse now. That order was canceled. An ew one placed by a specalist. Openreach cancelled that too.
Another manager today has had another go at it.
8 days and counting.
0 Ratings
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
Sent you a PM paddy. Then also via the link you send in your PM back.
Can't hurt someone else looking at it and moving things along.
To add insult to injury the sky Q boxs are playing up complaining of No internet
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

the mods don't repond to PM so as long as you completed contact us form from  mod link then mods will get back to you in 2/4 days when your form reaches top of inbox

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @plandregan,

Thank you for confirming. I've checked our queue and we do have your details. One of my colleague from the Moderation team will be in touch later on today.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
A new order from Sunday is on my account. 24 hours on and it's still there. Fingers crossed were on the road to having broadband back 3 weeks after it went off
0 Ratings
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
Today's update.

The activation date has changed out of the blue from 20th to 13th. One week earlyer.
Magic.

Not sure if you've been pushing PaddyB
0 Ratings
Highlighted
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
One thing missed out was after the 3rd cancellation I managed to persuade them to send me a 25GB SIM to tether too. BT are calling me after it's all resolved to cancel with no charges raised on it. Providing we don't exceed 25GB.

Try explaining that to disabled kids. Anyway it's a little help all the same. Just you g to have to manage tethering between my three contract and this offering from BT.
0 Ratings
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
13th Feb. Router changed from flashing purple to blue. A week ahead of the schedule new start date.

Thanks PaddyB For your input.
someone called Nina is now trying to call me. probably to close down the 4g card and complaint .

what sort of compensation do you feel I should be recieving? For 2 weeks loss of service and almost daily calls to BT, some almost an hour long, all logged in my phone call log. 2 days off work waiting for engineers that never came.

Hopefully this won't happen to someone else
0 Ratings