cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrCh00
Message 11 of 12

Re: Broadband Lost Service due to previous cancelled transfer BT/Sky

Go to solution
Reading this is like nearly exactly the same problems I have had with BT. Except mine is a new order coming over from Virgin. Ordered 11th March, install was set for 29th March. 3 days before activation BT comes back with delayed order as they didn’t get the telephone number switched from Virgin. Internet goes off from Virgin on 31st March. New BT install date set for 10th April. 9th April I get ordered cancelled due to Openreach cannot find my address? Why wait till the day before I’m due an install to cancel? Now nearly 2 weeks without any internet the phone data is getting a hammering. My son had to go back to uni early because he couldn’t do any course work with no internet. The thing is I had do all the chasing with BT as promised phone calls never happened. A new order had to be done and new install date was set for the 26th April. That’s 4 weeks without internet. Had to make another phone call to BT to complain as this wasn’t acceptable but they couldn’t move the date. So I hung up and rang again and this till a nice lady in the Dundee office took it upon herself to chase this up and tried to fast track the order. She said she would call the next day to give me an update but she didn’t call so I had to take to Twitter and only then did they do something. Got a text later that day and now the install date is set for 17th April. So finally after all this I might get some internet now. But experience tells me not to count my chicken just yet until the service is up and running. People was telling me BT was bad but I thought I would give them the benifit of the doubt. But so far they haven’t really given me a a great start.
0 Ratings
plandregan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 12

Re: Broadband Lost Service due to previous cancelled transfer BT/Sky

Go to solution
Seems I'm not alone in flunked transfers wether initiated or not.

Going public sorted it, hope you too have the same outcome. My root cause issue (can't remember is posted) was the bt retail/wholesale had one setup for me. Openreach had another . One had me as a sky broadband and the other BT. Only when the 2 were manually synchronised did the 4th and final order get processed properly. I'm sure PaddyB will pick you up and help. I'm convinced he sort3d mine or at least moved it in the right direction
0 Ratings