Highlighted
CelineB95
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Broadband Order - Cancelled 3 Times - No Explanation

Go to solution
Spoiler

Hi, 

I'm hoping someone here could possibly help me out. 

I moved into a new property with my flatmates on 1stof September.
We decided on going with BT as their broadband has the best speeds in my area when tested online.

My first order was placed on 12th of September - then was automatically cancelled on 19th of September. 
My second order was placed on 20th of September - then automatically cancelled on 2nd of October. 

I then called BT and ended up speaking too different teams for nearly three hours. 
I was reconnected to different people and had to explain myself repeatedly.
The last person I spoke with were extremely aggressive and slammed the phone on me.

I called up again the day after and placed a new order.
This happened on 7thof October - then this order was again cancelled on 16thof October

During this phone call I explained to them what has previously happened and how aggressive their team members had been with me. To make up for this their team manager offered me an £30 refund to make up for their previous behaviour.

This was never received. I received a confirmation that my complaint had been reviewed - but no money was refunded to my account.

Furthermore we put another complaint forward on 18thof October and was promised we would have broadband installed.

This order was confirmed yesterday to be activated on 5thof November but I’m very worried that our order will be cancelled yet again. The problem seems to be that they can’t take over the line but the previous tenants have confirmed that the line has been opened for us. During the conversation on 18thof October we were told that BT could install a new line for us free of charge to make up for the continued problems we have had with activation and communication.

I tried to call BT earlier today but after speaking with them for 20 minutes they slammed the phone on me again. I then tried to speak with them through chat until they stopped responding to me and disconnected our chat after 15 minutes of no replies.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this as we have now been without broadband for two months now.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Broadband Order - Cancelled 3 Times - No Explanation

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @CelineB95  sorry that your order has been cancelled on multiple occasions and also for the poor level of service you received when you called us. Things do sometimes go wrong but that is no justification for being rude or hanging up on a customer.

Drop us over your details and we will be happy to help ensure you get your services connected. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
CelineB95
Beginner
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Hi again,

I was supposed to be called up today to reorder the wifi as our new line has been installed. 

When will I receive this call? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @CelineB95

John had a look at this one earlier, is the telephone line working now?

I will notify him and he will call you this afternoon.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
CelineB95
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your quick reply. 

Openreach installed a new line yesterday and they said everything was confirmed with the new line. 

Thank you that would be great if he could give me a call!

Celine x 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

@StuartH may also mean, are you getting dial tone on your phone, and can you dial out?

0 Ratings
CelineB95
Beginner
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

I don't own a phone so I can't test it in that way. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

@CelineB95 wrote:

I don't own a phone so I can't test it in that way. 

You really need to get hold of a cheap landline phone, as its the only way to prove if you have a fault on your line, and also to avoid a possible visit charge.

A phone will allow you to check for any noise on the line, as that will affect any broadband connection.

I think the moderators would agree with this, Is it possible for you to obtain a cheap wired phone, you can get them for less than £10, and its going to be helpful now, and in the future, and especially useful in an emergency, as your home can be identified right away?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @CelineB95, thanks for taking my call earlier. Just to confirm for the community although the line installation at the property has been completed there was a fault at the Exchange. Once the engineers fix this and close off the order and the routing records are updated I will be able to place the broadband order.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings