cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Broadband Upgrade

Go to solution

I'm an existing BT customer for broadband on the Fibre with Halo 1 package.

Normal available speeds
Your normal available download speed will be 200 Mbps
Your normal available upload speed will be 20 Mbps

As i'm now out of contract i wanted to upgrade to the Full Fibre 500 Black Friday deal advertised at £44.99 so i went through the upgrade process from within my BT account and i get a message saying "We can't show you any personalised deals at the moment. But there's nothing to stop you checking out our current offers for TV, landline and BT Sport"

From here i can see the broadband deal but when i try and checkout i get a message saying "Sorry, the package you've selected isn't available. Please choose another from those shown below."

Here i can see the same deal but priced at £64.99 as shown below.

puglord1973_1-1637622809650.png

Can someone explain why can i not get the same deal as a new customer when it says......

https://www.bt.com/halo 

puglord1973_2-1637623371574.png
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Broadband Upgrade

Go to solution
I imagine the cheaper deal is for new customers only which you are not.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Try the FTTP team  on 0800 587 4787. They should be able to help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

I'm not a new customer but like i put in my post.....

Quote - https://www.bt.com/halo 

Never pay more than a new customer with our price promise

We promise you’ll never pay more than a new
customer when you renew your contract.

No exceptions.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Re-newing your contract is different than upgrading your broadband package.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

you also have halo 1 included which is not part of the offer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Quote "Re-newing your contract is different than upgrading your broadband package." - Yes that is correct, i'm not in a contract so i'm re-newing it and not upgrading it like i would be if i was in a contract.

With regards to Halo 1 i dont want or need Halo 1, my point is that having Halo 1 BT say...

Quote "Never pay more than a new customer with our price promise. We promise you’ll never pay more than a new
customer when you renew your contract"

This i what i want to do by renewing to Full Fibre 500.

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

have you tried phoning options team 0800800030 and see if they can help with negotiations

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

As I read it (from BT) that price promise only applies if you stay with the Halo 1 package.

"The BT Halo 1 package (previously known as BT Plus) gives you access to the Keep Connected Promise, the Price Promise and Double Data on BT Mobile"

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@puglord1973wrote:

my point is that having Halo 1 BT say...

Quote "Never pay more than a new customer with our price promise. We promise you’ll never pay more than a new
customer when you renew your contract"

The promise means existing customers will have Halo for the same or less than a new customer, your screenshot isn't a Halo package, so the Halo price promise doesn't apply.

0 Ratings