cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Broadband Usage Monitor

When I login to My BT and attempt to check my Broadband usage I get the following message:-

"
Sorry, the usage monitor is currently unavailable for a small number of customers. We understand how important it is to monitor usage, and as you're not able to view the usage monitor we will not charge you for going over your usage allowance this month. You don't need to do anything, we'll take care of that. "

Why is this happening?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
barnpiece
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband Usage Monitor

It has been like that for me for more than a year now, and I guess it's like than for more than a small minority of people.

I did try to get it fixed but they said that is was low priority to fix as I was on Infinity 2 with unlimited usage.

They didn't seem to appreciate that I would like to know what I was using!

Richard

0 Ratings
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Hi Richard

Thanks for the info. This has only happened to me for the last 3 days, so the problem appears to be growing!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mentonman
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

John
I too have received this same message for months and I reported it as a fault with tech support 6 weeks ago.
Today they replied having referred the problem to what they say is the appropriate department.
They say and I quote "Please note that the error you are receiving is as per BT DESIGN."So there you go a BT DESIGN feature that only affects certain accounts.Cynic that I am I think not.
They also say that whilst this shows I will not be charged for going over my 40gb limit which gives me unlimited usage for free.I don't think I shall pursue this any further for this reason.
0 Ratings
grechster
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Well after the monitor not working months, I get an email from BT warning me about my usage.  On checking I am already 15GB over my allowance!  Not a happy chappy.  I used to use no more than about 15gb,  now I seem to be averaging more than 3x that amount.  BT were uanble to provide any detailed breakdown.  I am going to refuse paying any charges.  I have just checked and the monitor is now down again - I give up!

0 Ratings
Catcher
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Last week, for the fist time since I took out a YouView subscription, I could see my usage. There was  even a YV logo and by it a figure showing what I'd used. Today I'm back to the 'small number' message.

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 7 of 7

Yes, the same here. It worked for some days but is back to the message I have had for months saying I am one of the small number too for whom it does not work!

Richard

0 Ratings