cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redls
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Broadband Usage moniter

What is going on with this?  The usage monitor was changed without any warning or explanation ... Doesn't seem to have been an improvement.

Same reading given for 1st to 24th and 1st to 26th ... Then, when I checked today, reading given was for 1st to 26th and not the same as previous 26th (I make a note of them and compare them with another monitor). Went online 2 hours later, now reading is for 1st to 27th and 0.02MB higher than it gave as 1st to 27th yesterday!

BT is also suggesting ... on my usage to move to unlimited download. I have been on 10MB download limit for over 3 years and I have NEVER gone over my limit, not even the month when I was streaming the Oympic  torch progress through our area, though tha was the only time I got into the 9MB range.

Am I the only one having these problems?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband Usage moniter

there are several posts on this subject this is a link to one of them http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Usage-Monitor-not-updated-since-23-59-01-01-2013/td-p/7337...
0 Ratings
Brighton_Rock
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

@redls wrote:

What is going on with this?  The usage monitor was changed without any warning or explanation ... Doesn't seem to have been an improvement.

Same reading given for 1st to 24th and 1st to 26th ... Then, when I checked today, reading given was for 1st to 26th and not the same as previous 26th (I make a note of them and compare them with another monitor). Went online 2 hours later, now reading is for 1st to 27th and 0.02MB higher than it gave as 1st to 27th yesterday!

BT is also suggesting ... on my usage to move to unlimited download. I have been on 10MB download limit for over 3 years and I have NEVER gone over my limit, not even the month when I was streaming the Oympic  torch progress through our area, though tha was the only time I got into the 9MB range.

Am I the only one having these problems?

It is - and, for some time, has been - behaving oddly.

Earlier today it showed my usage to 23:59 on 27 April as 7.54. I looked again just now having seen your post and it was showing usage to 23:59 on 27 April as 8.05. I suspect that the latest figure actually relates to the period to 23:59 on 28 April [edit 19:28 - now actually showing 28 April]. One oddness that I have noted with the latest version is that the usage figure updates at a earlier time of day to the date changing - I don't see how (or why) this would be programmed but BT seem to have succeeded.

Michael
0 Ratings
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 4 of 6

I have noticed a sudden jump in use that I can account for though the date should have been upto the 28th April to make it more sensible whereas it says midnight 27th, which does not sound correct.
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Has updated today so now only 2 days behind for me, viz :-

Last usage update:

26 Apr 2013 at 23:59

Best regards,
dfenceman
Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Mine, indeed, has updated itself to midnight last night with a total of 5.19GB which seems OK.
0 Ratings