cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband activation date approaching but equipment not dispatched?

Go to solution

Hi, I recently reached end of contract so chose to upgrade to one of the Halo 3 packages.

Activation date is showing as 3rd Jan, and new equipment (SmartHub2 etc) was due to have been dispatched Dec 24th.

However, its still showing as awaiting dispatch (not unexpected over the holiday period), and obviously I don't expect anything to happen between now and the 3rd because of the new year bank holidays.

I did want to book it in for a later activation to avoid the holiday period, but the BT site failed on the date selection step 😕

So my question is, will I lose broadband connectivity when I get switched over without the equipment?

Or will the activation date get rolled to a later date because the equipment wasn't delivered?

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband activation date approaching but equipment not dispatched?

Go to solution

What service have you upgraded from & to? The Halo part is irrelevant in that context. If you're staying on like for like service then there's no problem, but if switching to full fibre you will need the Smart Hub 2 to get online. Unless you already have a router with a WAN port?

Nothing will be delayed & if upgrading to full fibre, you will lose the previous service as scheduled.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks @rbz5416 

I am currently on on Halo 1, going to 3+ and it's not a move to full fibre. I have one of the old home hub 3A's.

So I guess that should be fine then as it's like for like.

Thanks for your response prompt response and Happy New Year to you!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Again, Halo isn't relevant as they're just add-ons, it's the core package that matters. The only issue I can see with the HH3 is if you're moving from ADSL (all copper) to VDSL (fibre to the cabinet), as the HH3 doesn't have a VDSL modem. But if you're already on FTTC & using a separate modem then all should be good for now. Just swap both for the SH2 when it arrives.

HNY to you too.

0 Ratings