cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patzee
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband & TV Contract Renewed

My broadband & tv contracts expire on 23 Dec 2020 so I rang last Friday (18 Dec) to discuss options and I was offered (and accepted) renewal of all the same services at the same price for a further 18 months.  I have Fibre 1 broadband with unlimited weekend calls and Max HD TV with BT Sport. I was told I would get a confirmation email (which I have always received in the past when renewing contracts) but nothing has been received to date and when I check my orders, only the broadband and landline are shown as an open order. No mention of the TV at all. When I rang to query this yesterday, all the call handler could tell me was that the order was open and in progress. I really want the confirmation email to make sure that I have the correct package and that the promised discounts have been applied. Can anyone help please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband & TV Contract Renewed

You can try phoning options team who deal with renewals and ask them for clarification

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Patzee
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for that. I have just telephoned them and they seem alot more on the ball than the general call centre people. It seems that everything I was told in my original call to renew was incorrect! No more 18 month contracts and no more contracts for Max HD. The very helpful young lady I spoke to has now cancelled my existing order, which will take 24 hrs to take effect, and has promised to ring me tomorrow afternoon to discuss my renewal again in detail. We will see what transpires then.

0 Ratings
Patzee
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

All sorted now. I have renewed my Broadband contract for 24 months at a lower price than my old contract and opted to continue out of contract on Max HD for the present. This means that for a small overall monthly increase I can continue to receive Eurosport and BT sport in HD. Should things change, I can cancel the Max HD without penalty as I am no longer in contract for that service. Thanks for your help imjolly, I shall use the 0800800030 number for contract issues in future. 👍

0 Ratings