Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrd68
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Broadband & TV Order

Good morning,

I placed an online order a couple of days ago. I have not received any email confirmation of my order. Regrettably, I didn't take a note of order details as I was expecting an email confirmation . Whilst that's a leson learnt, how can i check that the order is actually in the system? I don't want to call as I appreciate there are those whos needs are greater. However, my Sky broadband has been disconnected and given that I'm working from home I need the interim period to be as short as possible and don't want the date to slide.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Broadband & TV Order

@mrd68 

If you did not follow the normal process of contacting BT first and placing an order with them, to take over your service, then there is going to be a delay, and the order may fail, because there would be a pending cease on the line from Sky.

The correct process was to contact BT first and place an order. They would then inform Sky that they were taking over the line on a specific date, and the changeover would normally be smooth.

I assume that you must have cancelled with Sky first?

0 Ratings
mrd68
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I cancelled sky first. However, I placed the BT order prior to the cancellation date.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

@mrd68 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I cancelled sky first. However, I placed the BT order prior to the cancellation date.

Then the order may fail, as normally it would be the gaining ISP that would do the cancellation. I assume you had phone and broadband with Sky, or was it just TV?

0 Ratings
mrd68
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Thank you.

Yes, broadband and phone with sky prior to today

0 Ratings
mrd68
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

So, any idea how I find out if the order has failed, or indeed if it was even acknowledged?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

@mrd68 wrote:

So, any idea how I find out if the order has failed, or indeed if it was even acknowledged?

If there is a pending cease on the line, BT will not be able to takeover the line until the cease order closes, and there is a good chance that the order will be rejected by Openreach.

What date did you actually place the order with BT Retail, as it likely to take a few days to get confirmation?

Also check your email spam folder in case any email from BT went there.

0 Ratings
mrd68
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your replies. The order was placed on Tuesday. Nothing in my Spam. I'll sit tight and see if anything comes through.

Thanks again,

Mark

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

@mrd68 wrote:

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your replies. The order was placed on Tuesday. Nothing in my Spam. I'll sit tight and see if anything comes through.

Thanks again,

Mark

Because as there a pending cease, it may have raised an exception, which may have to be looked at manually. Either way, the cease is going to delay the provision.

If you do not hear anything by tomorrow morning, the only alternative would be to call BT on 0800 800 150 and speak to the connections team.

Its a pity you did not make a note of the order number, as you could have tracked it online.

0 Ratings