cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phormium
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Broadband and Line Rental Saver contracts. Struggling to get straight answer to my query

I spent an hour on BT.com earlier in an attempt to find the answer to my questions about my contracts.

I have BT Infinity 1 with Unlimited Weekend Calls and Line Rental Saver, I believe I paid for this at the same time I re-contracted my broadband for 12 months last year. I've been unable to find the exact date that my contract is up but I believe it's the end of April.

I expect to be moving house in August this year. The friend I'll be moving in with  already has BT phone and Infiinity so I will be cancelling mine completely.

I'm aware that BT will charge me for cancelling and not moving to another provider (!) how much is this charge? 

Now clearly, if I'm moving in August and my current contracts run out in April, I don't want to enter into another 12 month contract for either my line rental or my broadband as I'll be liable for large cancellation charges. 

Nor do I wish to lose the services for the few months in between contract ending and me moving house. 

Is it possible for me to enter into a 'rolling' contract with BT whereby I'm not contracted for a set period of time and can leave by giving 30 days notice? How do I do this? And does it apply to both line rental and broadband?

If this is possible, where would I find the monthly cost of both broadband and line rental?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband and Line Rental Saver contracts. Struggling to get straight answer to my query

When your present contract is finished you will automatically go onto a monthly rolling contract. It will mean that any discounts you have on your present contract will cease and you will pay the full monthly price for the package that you are on. You will also be paying for your line rental on a monthly basis.

When you decide to cease this, you must give 30 days notice unless you are moving to a new provider in which case it is 14 days notice.

If you don't move to a new provider you will be liable for the £30 cease charge.

Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Re: Broadband and Line Rental Saver contracts. Struggling to get straight answer to my query

If you want to know the standard prices for services, which you would pay on a rolling contract, see here: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/lib/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@Phormium wrote:

I spent an hour on BT.com earlier in an attempt to find the answer to my questions about my contracts.

I have BT Infinity 1 with Unlimited Weekend Calls and Line Rental Saver, I believe I paid for this at the same time I re-contracted my broadband for 12 months last year. I've been unable to find the exact date that my contract is up but I believe it's the end of April.

see https://www.bt.com/appsordermgmt/secure/listoforders.do

That should give you a list of your orders.

Phormium
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Very helpful replies, thanks to all of you.

0 Ratings