cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband and Mobile switched to EE without notice or consent...

Long story short(ish)... My partners' wifi coverage at home wasn't great so she was upgraded by BT in May 2024 to a Smart Hybrid HC10A and a necessary disc. BT Home Tech Expert came and set up - all now working perfectly.

In July, BT confirm 'old kit returned'. But, in Sept, message that 'kit not returned, £93.00 charge...'

Partner called BT to advise that kit had been returned. (And credit later received, no issue). 

BUT, as part of that phone call, she was asked if she'd like to 'save £5.00 on your mobile phone bill?'.

Naturally, she said yes, and without realising, her broadband and mobile account is now being ported over to EE. She only realised this when another new router arrived, along with a sim card. 

As I understand the technology, her BT discs will not work with the EE router? In any case, having only been installed in May, the BT kit is working perfectly and she has no wish to disturb her current arrangements. She also doesn't want to have to switch her mobile to EE, due to much negative feedback from friends.

So, she completed and sent back the EE cancellation of contract form, within the allowed 14 days. And asked BT to restore her account. They couldn't as EE had already stopped it. Now the problem has grown.....

The new EE account requires a password to access. She's never been asked for one, and has no access to the website.

I have tried to talk and e-mail both EE and BT and come up against a wall of quite deliberate obfuscation, delay and 'data protection' excuses. (please supply phone number / address / account no etc - these were all on the initial cancellation document, etc, etc).

My partner ('the customer') is busy working in the U.S. right now, and can't deal with this mess. I need to get it sorted by month end, so she has her reliable broadband and mobile back working again.

Who can I contact??

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband and Mobile switched to EE without notice or consent...

Oh dear, I'm afraid this is yet another example of BT botching a migration from BT to EE, and this time one that was not even asked for.
I suspect the "would you like to save UKP5 on your mobile bill" was a deliberately half-truth question posed by the telephone agent to ensure he/she gets their commission for bringing about the migration.
I know it won't be much, if any, comfort, but you are not alone with this experience!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@peteratsylvan  as you are not the account holder and unless you have been appointed account manager BT will not help you with access to the account so first priority is to get setup as account manager which gives authority to talk about the account but restricted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Unless I am mistaken she can continue to use the BTHub and discs and put theEE Hub in a drawer for safe keeping. 

The BTHub and EEHub both authenticate in the same way.

0 Ratings