cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Broadband contract disappeared

I lost connection to broadband a couple of hours back. The light on the hub went orange, so I tried the usual tricks: on and off, factory resets, etc. then I went to check the service status on my account and I can’t find my contract. No trace, like it’s never existed.
The only bills visible are from my old contract closed a few months back. 
When I click the link from the most recent e-bill email it comes up with an error. There is no trace of my current contract. 

Any ideas? 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Broadband contract disappeared

What does it say for your products in your MyBT account?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

There’s nothing. It gives me the option to sign up for broadband, etc. but no trace of any active service/contract
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Ok that is very weird!

Have you triple checked that you're singing in with the same email you used when you signed up to BT? Have you tried any old emails or logins you may have to be sure in case anything has jumped around between old and new accounts?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Yep. What’s strange is that the service just disappeared mid use. I just tried logging a fault and the system can’t find my account even, yet I paid the bill so I’m stumped
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Ok I don't have any more advice to give about the account sorry, but I do know that moderators who work for BT do come on these forums, so they will be able to help! They are not online right now, but one of them should see this in passing tomorrow and comment on here.

In the meantime, I can suggest one thing to try to restore your internet connection... a spare router! If you have one spare, try hooking it up to your phone line or ONT in place of your Smart Hub. The username it will need to connect is bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password BT. See if that restores your internet.

If it still doesn't work, or you don't have any other router to try with, then please report back here for the mod to look at tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for the advice! I don’t have any other routers, I’ll sit tight and see what happens tomorrow. I’ll give customer service a ring in the morning.
Weirdest broadband problem I’ve ever had
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Good luck! Yes very weird for sure! If customer service aren't a help, then pop back over here and see if the mods can do anything about it instead.

0 Ratings