Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Broadband discount offers online

Hi!,

Back a few weeks ago i posted about an offer proposed to me online on MyBT on my superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited, basically the same price i am now paying for 18 months, my contract for this and my MaxHD TV pack does not end until may, i phoned up customer services to enquire, and the same thing was offered to me there, a new 18month contract at the same price as i am paying now, so i thought best to be patient and wait until the contract end date comes closer.

I did phone customer services again yesterday, just on the off chance there was anything different offered, but no, the same prices were quoted to me, £43.99 for my current broadband pack and £46.99 for Superast Fibre Plus, i was told it may be best to wait a little while and a better deal MAY be offered, but was not guaranteed. When i checked MYBT this morning, a new offer was there, Superfast Fibre Plus for under £40, which is less than what i am paying now for Fibre 1. Are these online only offers or can they be sorted over the phone, as i would like to get my TV recontracted at the same time. 

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Broadband discount offers online

try options team on 0800800030 and see if you can get same offer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply, will give them a call later, i was wrong about the price i pay for Superfast Fibre 1 as well, it is £45.99 actually with the price changes last year, so the Fibre Plus deal i was offered online is about £10 cheaper than that! 

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Phoned customer options, they could not offer me the deal at the same price, seems its a online deal only, was offered a superfast fibre plus wi-fi deal, but i was not too bothered about that, trouble is now, if i went with that online deal, i would have to phone about my TV contract as i would like that sorted at the same time, or can you do the TV online as well?

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

You need to end up with a customer options person who knows what they are talking about. From past experience they can see the MyBT offer as that is how I upgraded from copper to Superfast last May. You can even haggle over the price as I ended up paying no connection fee and got £2 off the anytime calls I had.

Prior to that , 2/3 years ago, when I was renegotiating an earlier renewal I was offered various deals which were higher then a personalised deal on MyBT. When I politely pointed out the cheaper MyBT price the rep admitted that he could see it but still tried to offer more expensive contracts so you need to be aware of that.

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for that, sadly i do not seem to be able to get through to a customer options person who is more help, just spoke to yet another person who could only give me, what i see on offer online for under £40, for £54.99 and again stated that they cannot see this offer as it seems its a personalised online offer only.  They did go over a couple of other things again, which i was not intrested in  and a offer on my TV package which is way over what i am paying at the moment. Always got really good service previously over all the years i have been with BT, never had any serious problems talking over contracts etc, but everything seems more difficult now, just constantly trying to get Fibre plus with wifi pushed at me and if i do not show much intrest in that, the person i speak to seems to lose intrest in the conversation as well!

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

MY BT personalised offer

Hi (again!),Just wondering, are there offers sent to you online on the MY BT page that customer options people that you phone cannot see?  I was only wondering as there is a personalised offer to me online for Superfast Fibre Plus for under £40, which is  a bit less than what i am paying now for Infinity 1 Unlimited, but everytime i phone up customer services, all they can offer me is Superfast Fibre Plus for £54.99, as they cannot see any offers for this service at their end and say it must be an online only deal. Is this correct?  I do not want to go through this offer online as i have a TV contract as well and want to sort both out at the same time. Or does anyone know an easier way i could possibly sort this?! Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Re: MY BT personalised offer

I merged your posts as they are all on same subject and to save members reply with suggestion already made  it is helpful if you keep all posts in one place

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings