cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband halo 3plus

Why is my very expensive broadband halo plus gone from average to awful , we used to get download speed of 25 and upload of 2 it now fluctuates from between 18 and

IMG_6767.png

4 and below download speed , 1 to 0.2upload  

I have made numerous hall to BT engineers been out Openreach been out who will not admit old copper is up to the job!! 
and by the time I have spend an hour on hold the speed re overs to more than compensation  criteria by the time BT answer the phone in 2024 this not acceptable , open reach have decided to more their fibre upgrade dates back to 2026 to please themselves!! 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband halo 3plus

Hi @Sam17 I can imagine it must be frustrating that your speeds have dropped significantly.

If you text HELP to 61998, we'll run a text on your broadband line and look for any faults which may be causing the slow speed.

• If you need an engineer, we’ll text you in 15 minutes to book a slot.
  • If you don’t need an engineer, our brilliant UK and Ireland based team will call you within 30 minutes to help solve your issue.

Monday to Friday, 8am to 9pm

Weekends and bank holidays, 8am to 8pm

We have a really helpful page which may also help, just click this link here: Broadband issues

Chris S

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Had 2 openreach engineered and 3 BT here since July the issue is old copper infrastructure that’s been bodged  and repaired , no one can give you a straight answer to when we will be converted to fibre!

I don’t want to give Elon Musk any money but Starlink may be the only way forward! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Oh I see, thanks for letting me know @Sam17 

Are you in a rural area at the moment? I know we're looking at expanding our fibre network all the time.

Could you pop your postcode into this checker: Broadband checker

That should give you an idea of what would be available to you if you did want to change to another option.

Chris S

0 Ratings