cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Broadband hasn't been activated

• Hi. My broadband and TV kit was supposed to arrive on Monday 23rd of march ready for my services to be activated on Tuesday 24th of march. I had contacted BT prior to this and had been told that my my services is still up for being activated. I have not received the kit, I haven't had any emails with my account number on so I can't track my order and services haven't been activated. Can I get some help please? I have tried ringing BT and can't get through. And live chat is off
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Broadband hasn't been activated

are you transferring from previous ISP?  are you getting FTTC or FTTP

you must have had an email when you placed your order confirming details

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

No. I had moved into a new address and placed a new order. I had an email with the order confirmation but that was all I had got

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

did you order FTTC or FTTP?  is there a phone line? does it work if you dial 150

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Fttp I think. I'm not too sure to be honest. And when I dialled 150 just came up with a dial tone and an automated message saying the number you have dialled has not been recognized. Does that with every number I try to ring 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Try dialling 17070 to see what the number is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

I have done that. But not sure if that was the previous Tennant's home number. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

@Leeyoung wrote:

I have done that. But not sure if that was the previous Tennant's home number. 

If 150 does not work, then it probably belongs to another provider and is now a stopped line.

Until the phone line is connected to BT Retail, nothing is going to progress any further.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

I am aware of that but my problem is. My services was supposed to be activated 2 days ago but it hasn't. And I have not received the kit.. Could there be a delay with the pandemic?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Plus with my order, I would be getting a BT reward card would only get so long to claim it after services have been activated. I can't even do that
0 Ratings