cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Broadband not working engineers missing appointments

I was supposed to have my broadband active 13th of december but it doesn't work. Right now im on my 5th booked engineer appointment. Only once has engineer showed up even then he couldn't fix the problem as it was likely outside. He escalated issue to open reach and setted up appointment for me in 2 day's, but they didn't show up, just marked problem as fixed. So here I am waiting for 5th appointment which will be 17days from when my network was supposed to be operational. I've lost so much money from having to leave work early and BT engineers didn't even bother notifying me they won't show up, this has happened 3 times now what a disgrace. And who knows if they will even show up on 30th of December or if they got right engineer booked since I need someone who's qualified to do outside work.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Broadband not working engineers missing appointments

Openreach engineers should be able to fix issues right up to the cabinet. I assume they previous have not been Openreach ones.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Yes, the only time engineer showed up was from BT, then he escalated issue to them but they seemed to continue the tradition of not showing up

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

It would have been an Openreach engineer or a contractor working on behalf of Openreach that visited your home….some of these ‘installers’ are not fully skilled , so ( for example ) if the line couldn’t be installed because of a fault in the underground network , the installer would have to get a suitably skilled ‘UG’ person to pick up the failed install and repair whatever the issue is.
Is BT the company you have chosen to provide your service ?, ( it’s not clear from your first post who you are using  ) if it is BT , then BT should keep you advised of what OR are doing to resolve any issues , but  if  you are one of the many who think BT and OR are the same company and it’s not actually BT you are using for service , but you think BT are somehow involved, then this BT Consumer forum isn’t the appropriate place, it’s the company you have chosen to use that you should be asking questions of.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I can confirm that my ISP is BT and I'm fully aware they are not the same company however they are both owned by the same company atleast that's what I was told by BT agent when I signed the contract. Also I understand that  not every engineer is qualified to do work inside on the socket and outside on the box. I'm just frustrated that it took so long for BT engineer to finally show up after so many missed appointments and now I'm having same problem with open reach engineers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@Galnirwrote:

I can confirm that my ISP is BT 

Are you moving from another ISP to BT because your OP suggests you are waiting for a connection? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Well no,I recently  moved and started renting a new place so I had to wait a few weeks for them to set up landline, so that the internet would work.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@Galnir 
Whilst waiting and having dicussed the situation with BT, maybe you could/should have been offered a 4G mini-hub to tide you over until the broadband is up and running.

Given you seem to have ordered a landline and then ordered broadband, the "rules" for dishing out the mini-hub may be different.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Would have been a kind gesture from them indeed. However I only ordered broadband though. I believe they still need to set up landline for your internet but you just cant use it. I'm still using Three's mobile broadband for now but it's very slow and unreliable but its better than nothing.
0 Ratings