cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt2e1cpc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Broadband order cancelled with no warning.

Hi All,

Having a nightmare of a time trying to move my service from Sky to BT.

I placed an order with BT on the 31st of Jan for the usual services (Entertainment Plus, Infinity, Telephone and BT Sports) using the groupon offer to get Infinity at £10 for 12 months and the £120 prepaid mastercard gift.  As far as I was aware everything was progressing correctly and I had numerous emails over the next few days to say that things were being progressed (tracking details etc).

This morning I have checked on my order via the tracking webpage only to find that my Infinity order has been cancelled, this is where my plight begins.

Queue the calls to the order tracking number, a nice 30 minutes on hold to then be passed from pillar to post by various "customer services" reps, intially speaking to someone who told me that the broadband order had been cancelled but didn't say why, then passed to Ben in the ordering team to place a new order (what was wrong with my original one?) who advised me that he couldn't guarantee I'd get the same offer and that I would have to take it up with billing.  I explained to him that I wasn't prepared to place a new order unless they could guarantee that I would receive the same offer so suggest I speak to billing first.  Ben then put me through to billing who said hello, asked what the issue was then promptly just put me through to customer services again, no warning, no notice just a very confused customer services rep.

The new customer services rep named Sanjay went through the same script again, that he couldn't guarantee that I'd get the same offer and I'd have to re-order via the website, I explained to him that the offer was no longer available and that it was now only a £50 prepaid card.  His advice was to wait a few weeks then try again...... Really?

So at this point I'm basically up the creek, I have no order with BT and a service that will cease with my old provider on the 14th of Feb.  I really want to give BT my custom but it ought not to be this difficult.

Does anyone have any advice, is there anywhere I can escallate this to?  These forums seems to be awash with people stuck in the same bait-and-switch trap......

Thanks in advance,

Matt.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Broadband order cancelled with no warning.

@matt2e1cpc It's clear to see you need our help. I'm sorry you've had a tough time getting things sorted. Click on my username and click on the contact the mods link under the about us section. We'll get everything looked into and see if we can get the original Gift Card for you too.

Danny

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
matt2e1cpc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

@DanielS I'd really appreciate your help.  Can't see that link after clicking on your username though 😞

Thanks,

Matt.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

It should be there at the top left once you click on my username. Have a look at the about me section. Drop me a PM if you still can't see it.

Danny

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

You should be able to see the link it will look like this on 

0 Ratings
matt2e1cpc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

@john46 very strange, couldn't see it at all on the Mac (no in Safari or Chrome), but it's showing up on the iPhone lol.  Oh well form filled in and sent off so now we wait 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Glad you found it in the end
0 Ratings
matt2e1cpc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Hi All,

Sorry to be a pain but is there any way to find out if there has been any progress on my ticket?

I appreciate it's only been 72 hours and that in busier times it can take a while to get to them but I'm very nervous about the fact that come Monday I'll have no telephone or internet and an extremely pregnant and easily irritated partner to deal with Smiley Frustrated

Reference number is edited by mod.

Thanks,

Matt.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Hi @matt2e1cpc,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We have your email but we're running a little behind due to volumes but we will get to you as soon as possible.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
matt2e1cpc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Hi @DavidM

Thanks for the reply, hope you hear from you guys soon 🙂

Thanks,

Matt.

0 Ratings