Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Con19
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband order has been cancelled

Hi,

I ordered BT superfast broadband on 5/12. The hub was delivered 14/12 with the activation date set as 18/12.

On logging onto the tracker this afternoon to see how things were progressing I was somewhat surprised to see that my phone line and broadband orders had both been cancelled...and on the same day I placed the order?!?

Suffice to say that was the first I’d heard of that, with my most recent correspondence being confirmation yesterday (17/12) that it would be activated today (18/12).

Anyone able to shed light on why this would have hapenned?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband order has been cancelled

The connections team will be able to help, ring 0800 800 150

They can hopefully recover the order although it might need replaced as it's past the agreed date.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Con19
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the suggestion.

Gave them a call and it eventually transpired that due to a ‘system error’ of some sort, Openreach made a mistake and cancelled the order on 14/12 (seriously, has anyone ever been able to say anything remotely positive about them lot? they just seem so absurdly incompetent).

Anyway, the person I spoke to said they’d cancel my order, then replace the order, and then have that fast-tracked by Openreach since it was their mistake. He promised to call back tomorrow and the day after so hopefully that is the case.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Glad to hear, hope all goes well 🙂

0 Ratings