cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Broadband order stuck with openreach simple package upgrade fibre 1 to 2

Go to solution

Hi need help. Coming to the end of my contract and my bt offered me fibre 2 on slightly less than I’m paying now on fibre 1. Selected the deal and included a new digital voice phone . Wasn’t that fussed about the phone but given it was part of the package selected the deal and order went through . Activation date was supposed to be Friday 7th however the day passed and nothing . Phoned bt who said the order had now moved the 17 th and I should have been informed . 3 days later get an update on my order saying fibre was done but digital voice now moved to the 1st feb. Checked broadband and no changes still on fibre 1 capped speed. Phoned bt who then phoned openreach whilst I was on the line who claimed they had no visibility of my order even though bt did. Bt claimed this was stuck order and had seen these before . No explanation given what stuck meant. Bt operator then said they’d have to cancel the order to get a good one in the system . They tried to cancel and now the order is still open and says partially cancelled . Was told this would resolve itself but hasn’t . I have an open order which is partially cancelled and cannot put another order in as my bt says I have an open order. Who can cancel this order to get me back to where I was?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Broadband order stuck with openreach simple package upgrade fibre 1 to 2

Go to solution

It'll be stuck at wholesale rather than Openreach, to get it progressing ring 0800 800 150 and speak with the connections team, they can raise a bridge case to have the current order recovered or cancelled to replace again.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

is wholesale something that sits between bt and openreach? Would that be why openreach had no record ? Tbh I phoned and they put me through to another team who I believe are the connections team who said my order was stuck ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@Mwallworkwrote:

is wholesale something that sits between bt and openreach? Would that be why openreach had no record ?

Yes and no, it's complicated, the order is raised at BT, this goes to wholesale and then to Openreach when required.
As I thought the order is stuck between BT and wholesale, so Openreach have no record.

Connections will sort it out though, they deal with open orders having issues.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks . I spoke to them

today abs they said there was another supplier who had the order on the system and they had now cancelled that so will see if it’s cancelled within 24 hours 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

So contacted connections they said the order had been cancelled with another supplier and be gone in 24 hours. It’s not. I’m totally stuck now with no ability to cancel an order or order anything else and with my contract coming to end looking like I’ll have no chance but to go to another supplier . Can anyone help? Phoning BT leads to nothing

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Mwallwork 

Thank you for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with your order.  It shouldn't be this difficult to sort out or involve you having to spend so much of your own time trying to get the order placed.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Many thanks have responded 

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi I believe I was due a call back on this today by BT connections team however they never did . My order is still not cancelled and we’re heading in to 16 days since it was raised .  Given the wait on this and the fact my record said there should be a call back plus I’d raised the fact I’d had to escalate i really was expecting someone to get in touch . Not sure how long I need to wait to get this resolved ? 
appreciate any further help and prodding you can give on this as I don’t want to have to keep ringing and ringing to get the same outcome (no progress)

many thanks 

mark 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Mwallwork and thanks for the post.

I've had a look at this using the details you sent over previously and can see you've spoken with an advisor this evening. The account notes confirm this should be now sorted for you.

Cheers

David