Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allsaint
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 33

Broadband order

Go to solution
Hoping someone can help. I placed an order for superfast fibre on the 20th Dec and every couple of days since (from looking at mybt) the order appears to be continually closed then reactivated. According to web chat these are partial failures, whatever that means, and are apparently due to issues with Openreach's systems. Does anybody else have experience of this or could advise how best to try to get things sorted? Web chat and a couple of calls have proved useless
0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 33

Re: Broadband order

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Are you an existing BT Retail customer upgrading, or are you moving from a different provider?

0 Ratings
allsaint
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 33

Go to solution
It's a residential order. I was with BT up until late November, then signed up with Plusnet. They had problems getting the broadband to activate too so I then returned to BT as a new customer
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 33

Go to solution

@allsaint wrote:
It's a residential order. I was with BT up until late November, then signed up with Plusnet. They had problems getting the broadband to activate too so I then returned to BT as a new customer

If Plusnet had problems, then it must be an Openrech issue.

Is your phone line now working with BT Retail, do you have a BT Retail number?

0 Ratings
allsaint
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 33

Go to solution
I realise it seems to be an Openreach issue but was hoping someone on here could take up the case for me, with Openreach if necessary.
I only have a residential phone line
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 33

Go to solution

@allsaint wrote:
I realise it seems to be an Openreach issue but was hoping someone on here could take up the case for me, with Openreach if necessary.
I only have a residential phone line

It it a BT Retail residential line, who do you get if you dial 150?

BT Retail have nothing to do with Openreach, any more than any other provider has.

0 Ratings
allsaint
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 33

Go to solution
I don't know if the landline is with BT retail, I'm not at home to check. You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but if I wasn't with BT retail who else would it be with?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 33

Go to solution

@allsaint wrote:
I don't know if the landline is with BT retail, I'm not at home to check. You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but if I wasn't with BT retail who else would it be with?

I was trying to see if your phone service was still with Plusnet.

Try this form.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 33

Go to solution

You may find if you only left in November and are now trying to return to BT BROADBAND that you may not be classed as a new customer and get new customer deals

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
allsaint
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 33

Go to solution
Sorry I don't know how to post the results of that check . The only thing that stands out is that it says there is an open order on the line which is due to complete on 20 Dec. Would this be Plusnet do you think?
0 Ratings