cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AVRC
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Broadband renewal, existing customers screwed over?

Our BT fibre broadband contract ends on 20th June so I’ve started looking at my options.

Currently paying BT £42.49 for Halo 1 which is unlimited and our connection speed is usually 63Mbps down 19Mbps up

BT’s only renewal offer is Halo 1 with complete WiFi at £50.49. Bit steep I thought having seen various adverts on tv. 

As it looks like it’s currently impossible to talk to a human at BT now and for the foreseeable future I guess my only option is to switch providers but what is the deal here, do BT not like keeping customers? When the competition is offering those sorts of prices for the next 18 months why would I want to stay and pay £50 a month?!

I have a mobile with BT and even losing the £5 per month discount on that means it’s still much cheaper.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband renewal, existing customers screwed over?

phone the options team on 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate

moving provider during current crisis has it's problems as can be seen with some of posts on forum

you also need to check your cabinet is not full with a waiting liist as moving you will lose your conenction and join waiting list as someone else on waiting list gets your conenction

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

just check it shows available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Robh1
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

No need to do anything, end of contract won’t trigger anything. Keep what you’ve got then sort out other options . Once we’re back to normal contact BT, they may offer a discount if you renew with them. 

0 Ratings
AVRC
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I’ll have to read up on problems moving. I didn’t think it required a visit to the cabinet. Looks like space available.

7277B53E-B092-49AE-908D-2896C5F36334.jpeg

0 Ratings
AVRC
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I thought the price went up at end of contract. If it does I’m not sure what to as I cannot see that information. 

I’m contemplating giving Three 4G home broadband a months trial to see how that is as I’ve lost count of the amount of times we’ve had issues requiring an engineer but I suspect I’d have to buy an external aerial given our dodgy mobile signals. Only just had another engineer out to fix issues again. We’ve got 5G locally apparently but not right where we live yet.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

as you say you are on fibre with Halo 1  then there is a price promise

https://www.bt.com/help/bt-halo/learn-about-bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it-

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

You should have a read of the Halo Terms & Conditions section 8.

https://www.bt.com/halo/terms

0 Ratings