cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
elouise
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Broadband restricted had a Live Chat a few weeks ago when it was agreed i could pay on a later date

I had a live chat a few weeks ago i asked if it was ok to delay payment of my phone bill until 20th june, they checked and said this would be ok now i'm am dismayed to find my broadband account has been restricted due to "non payment", is there anything i can do to get restriction reversed, and are live chat conversations recorded on my account?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
ernie_c
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband restricted had a Live Chat a few weeks ago when it was agreed i could pay on a later

Do you have a copy of the chat as proof of the conversation?

A deferral of payment to a week's time from a few weeks ago seems excessive and unlikely IMHO.
0 Ratings
elouise
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: Broadband restricted had a Live Chat a few weeks ago when it was agreed i could pay on a later

No unfortunately I did not I have deferred bills before using live chat and had no problems.
I assumed they made a note on my account to confirm the arrangement. I made the arrangement 2 weeks ago when my bill was 2 weeks overdue, and have made similar arrangements in the past and have always paid when I promised to pay.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

That may be the problem, if you are repeatedly not paying your bill on time even although you do eventually pay it they may be reluctant to let you defer the payment again!

0 Ratings
elouise
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I disagree because BT are usually quite upfront on whether they will allow you defer to payments, for example, if the bill is too overdue they won't allow it, but in this instance the person said she would check my account which she did and then agreed to it and warned me if i didnt pay on the date i promised late payment charges would be appllied to my account. 

0 Ratings