cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 28

Broadband still not connected, and connection date has disappeared from "order tracker"

My broadband connection was due to be connected on the 19th September. This was then delayed to the 20th September.

On the 21st September (a day after the broadband connection was due to be activated) I was then told it was going to be activated today (25th September). The next day on the 22nd September I was rung and told that it would be connected on 29th September.

Today I logged onto my BT.com order tracker to see this had been delayed again to the 4th October and I had not been notified of this (nor reason for the) delay.

To get to the bottom of this I rung your Order Management team, who said that the previous customer service advisor had advised myself incorrectly and had caused the delay.

However now when I log onto my order tracker the broadband activation due date has disappeared completely and it says my broadband has been activated (which it has not).

This has been highly disruptive to my work as I work from home, so I would like to know when I can actually expect my broadband connection to be activated.
0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: Broadband still not connected, and connection date has disappeared from "order tracker&quot

Hi @customerintheuk,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry to hear that your order has been delayed. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with your order.

You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 28

Re: Broadband still not connected, and connection date has disappeared from "order tracker"

According to your Twitter team it was going to be activated today, which is has not been since (according to the person on the phone just then) it is "still with the suppliers", which is code for "Openreach are to blame". So including what was meant to be the activation date today, my activation date has changed five times, and now it will be changed for a sixth time in the space of a week.

This is deplorable customer service, as it seems BT is happy to take money for services it is not providing.
0 Ratings
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 28

Re: Broadband still not connected, and connection date has disappeared from "order tracker&quot

The Twitter team on BTCare have stopped replying to my enquiries, as after their false promises of the service being connected, it surprisingly (cough) was not.

I am paying for services which are not being provided, and BT seemingly has no intention of ever providing them, just making false appointments with Openreach to do the fibre connection work at the cabinet which are not being attended nor honoured in the slightest.

0 Ratings
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 28

Literally a minute after I posted my previous reply the BTCare team finally replied!

And they have no update for myself whatsoever, and they will not answer my questions, these being:

1) Why do I keep being lied to about my activation date?

2) Why are you taking orders you clearly cannot fulfil?

3) Why is Openreach making these false promises of sending out an engineer to the cabinet to do the work when their enginer is clearly happier sitting on his **bleep** and not doing anything, with zero accountability?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Re: Broadband still not connected, and connection date has disappeared from "order tracker&

Hi @customerintheuk

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry for the delay connecting your broadband.  I have checked our email queue and we have received your details. 

We deal with cases strictly in turn as we receive them so as soon as you reach the top of our email queue one of the guys will give you a shout to help sort everything out.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 28

That's funny, I didn't e-mail anyone.  I filled in a form (the one I was directed to by the customer service person who previously replied in this thread), but I have not sent any e-mails about this.

I am also posting here as a record of what has taken place so far, and anything which may happen in the future.

0 Ratings
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 28

Here is BTCare's reply to my questions above:

"All of our orders are subject to survey. This means that while we're able to connect most of our customers on the date they've requested, this isn't always possible. There are a number of reasons an order can take longer than expected. I don't have any information right now on why the order was delayed yesterday. We rely on our suppliers to attend appointments when they're booked and provide updates for us when an order is delayed. Unfortunately some orders are not as straightforward as others, I'm sorry you've experienced problems with this one ^Paula"

Which amounts to nothing more than a blatant fob-off by your customer service staff, and they have still not answered my questions.

I am now also being told by them that they have apparently answered my questions, which they have not.

Is the actual solution to just cancel my order and go with another provider?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 28

Re: Broadband still not connected, and connection date has disappeared from "order tracker&

The form you filled in is what the moderator is referring to when he said email. It is an online email form. 

The moderator will get back to you and will answer your questions and hopefully resolve your problem.  I would suggest that you leave it to them and don't contact Customer  Services again.

0 Ratings
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 28

"I would suggest that you leave it to them and don't contact Customer  Services again."

Would you mind explaining why?  Are you implying that Customer Services will not help me, or is this some kind of thinly-veiled threat that there will be consequences should I contact Customer Services again?

0 Ratings