cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 28

Re: Broadband still not connected, and connection date has disappeared from "order tracker"

There is no point in duplicating your complaint. The mods on this forum have a good track record of sorting out issues like this.
But as mentioned they are looked at oldest first, so you will be moving up the queue
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 28

Re: Broadband still not connected, and connection date has disappeared from "order tracker&

Hi @customerintheuk,

Thanks for sending over your details. I tried calling, sorry I missed you. I'm really sorry there's been so many delays in getting you connected. I can appreciate how frustrating this has been for you. I can see you have an open complaint on your account so I have taken case ownership of this until we can get this sorted. I've contacted wholesale who provide the broadband and have requested an expedite on this installation which has been agreed. An engineer has been scheduled for the AM slot between 08.0 and 13.00 on Monday and I'll follow up after that to make sure everything is in order.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 28

Re: Broadband still not connected, and connection date has disappeared from "order tracker&

Given my order tracker has not been updated to reflect this, I am sure you will forgive myself if I find that difficult to believe at this time.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 28

I can completely understand where you're coming from @customerintheuk, given your experience so far. The order tracker won't update as I have requested the expedite directly through our suppliers but I'll keep an eye on it and will follow up once it's completed.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 28

@customerintheuk wrote:

"I would suggest that you leave it to them and don't contact Customer  Services again."

Would you mind explaining why?  Are you implying that Customer Services will not help me, or is this some kind of thinly-veiled threat that there will be consequences should I contact Customer Services again?

What a ridiculous response!

I was not implying anything and it is not a thinly veiled threat. You can contact who ever you want when ever you want. 

As you have no doubt seen by now the moderators can deal with your problem, taking personal ownership with one point of reference for you and with out you involving contacting Customer Services which could just cause duplication of effort and often confusion about who is actually dealing with your problem.

0 Ratings
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 28

It is looking like another set of lies from BT, since with one hour to go there is still no sign of the work having been done.

You will most likely tell me to wait an hour, but at this point it is pretty clear that the work has not been undertaken.

0 Ratings
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 28

Confirmed as a lie, no fibre broadband activation took place this morning, and it seems that your post (and phone call and text message) were just an attempt to placate myself.

It would seem that my initial suspicious were correct, despite yourself saying that they were not.

BT seems to have no qualms with lying to it's customers about the services it can actually provide in an area, as it is clear that you have no intention of having the work done at the cabinet and activating my broadband connection.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 28

Hi @customerintheuk I'm very sorry to hear that your broadband service still has not been connected. I can see that you have already raised a complaint the the executive level complaints team and they will manage your case now until it is resolved. 

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 28

I just rang the Exectutive Level Complaints team, and it would seem that you were lying about that activation date being today, as they have no record of any such engineer appointment having been made, and they did not know where the person who made that promise got their information from.

Nice to see and confirm that you were, in fact, lying about the activation date.

Which to bring everyone up to speed is the sixth time I have been lied to about it.

So when can I expect my broadband to be connected?  And don't give me the "you have already raised a complaint the the executive level complaints team and they will manage your case now until it is resolved" tripe as I want to know when it will be resolved, with no more lies nor excuses.

0 Ratings
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 28

Re: Broadband still not connected, and connection date has disappeared from "order tracker"

I ought to add that this morning the Order Tracker said it would be activated on 4th October (most definitely not today), and then in the afternoon that changed to the 10th October. I thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt this morning, but it is clear that in this case the moderator who made that promise was acting in bad faith, especially since they also said they would ring me today as a follow-up ... Which they clearly did not.

It is a fools lottery this, I get told that my activation will happen on X date, and then it depends on if BT can actually be bothered to honour the appointment, which they seemingly never can do, and I do not know why I have been seemingly been marked as not needing my connection activated, when I am paying for a service which has not been provided and all I am doing is rightly raising that issue.
0 Ratings