cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 28

Re: Broadband still not connected, and connection date has disappeared from "order tracker&quot

Hi @customerintheuk Sorry you were not contacted today. This is because your complaint has been taken higher by contacting the executive level complaints team and they have taken over your complaint and they are you sole point of contact now to resolve this issue. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 28

Re: Broadband still not connected, and connection date has disappeared from "order tracker"

That still does not explain the outright lies spilled by your moderator in this thread clearly stating that my fibre broadband was going to be activated today

I am also using this thread as a public record of events of what has occurred thus far, to aid myself, and also anyone else who may find themselves in the same situation (being repeatedly lied to by BT about their fibre broadband activation date).
0 Ratings
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 28

Re: anyone else recieved such shoddy service?

I would also note that in my case the mods also have a track record of making false promises.

0 Ratings
allanraymond
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 28

I think your case was made more difficult because the mods were trying to deal genuinely with your problem but at the same time you were submitting a complaint via a different channel.

My own personal experience when the mods have dealt with issues I have raised they have taken these on board and completed to my satisfaction. They have phoned me to either request further information or to advise they are dealing with the issue.

customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 28

Wrong, in my case I was promised by the mod that an engineer was booked for a specific time and date.  Raising a problem with the Exectutive Complaints Team does not magically cancel that engineer appointment.

(I also ought to note that the mod had no intention of calling myself for the follow-up later on the same day the engineer appointment to connect my fibre connection was allegedly made, since it is clear he was not on shift that day, according to his post history).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
allanraymond
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 28

customerintheuk - What the mod said on 28/09/17 was "An engineer has been scheduled for the AM slot between 08.0 and 13.00 on Monday (i.e 2 Oct) and I'll follow up after that to make sure everything is in order." He did not say he would call you the same day, however on 2 October the mod advised that because you had complained (via another channel) this was now being dealt by executive level complaints team they are your sole point of contact now to resolve this issue. 

I appreciate the date of 2 October was missed, but if the mod still had control of your case it would have been realistic for them to respond to your query as to why it was missed.

They are put in the difficult situation that due to your complaint it was taken out of their hands and control of your query was passed to the executive level complaints team to deal with.

The mods have a very good record of resolving problems, if you care to check out previous postings.

customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 28

I don't care nor give a flying toss what their reputation or record for solving problems is, all I care about is my own situation.  And in this case I was very clearly given the wrong date, and thus false promises.

He did actually say he would call me the same day on the answerphone message he left me, thank you very much.

**Edited by Mod**

0 Ratings
customerintheuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 28

Update

Here's an update:

On 10th October it was finally connected after the ELC team stepped in and placed a note on the order to OpenReach that the connection must go ahead.  The fact that it took that to actually get it connected speaks volumes of just how much OpenReach do not care at all.

However for some reason my order was not closed, and despite several assurances that someone would look at it from the ELC team, the order is still open over two weeks later, with no sign of the situation being rectified as they have begun to ignore my e-mails now too.  As such, I cannot claim my reward card, and I cannot use the BT Cloud storage I was told that I would be able to use when I originally placed my fibre broadband order.

Edit:  Deleted reply as I thought I had posted in the wrong thread, when in actual fact the moderators had moved replies I made in another thread into this one, probably in order to obfuscate the comments made in this thread, even though in the other thread I was answering the OP's question of "anyone else recieved such shoddy service?".

0 Ratings