cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_mg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Broadband upgrade Problems

Fibre broadband has recently become available in my area. on the 15th Aug I phoned to enquire about upgrading as there was a promotion that expired that day. (unlimited infinity 1 for £29.99 a month for 12 months, £80 reward card and btsports free for 12 months)

I was told that the offer was for new customers only but as i wasn't under contract he would close my account and set up a new account to get the promotion. i was happy with this as the only downside was losing my landline number which i don't use. He took my details to setup a new direct debit. I was told i would get the new hub on Wednesday 23rd and the line would be activated on the 24th (it was then moved to the 25th).

A new hub was delivered with my mispelt name to a neighbour, im house no 18 and they are no 8. I'm assuming it has been put in wrong on the new account. I phoned today (23rd aug) to find out what was going on as i thought no 8 would be the house that would be getting  activated on the 25th. i was told that there was record of me phoning on the 15th but no sign of a new account or my current one closing. The operator said he would look into it.

I phoned back in the afternoon and a new operator said they would honour the deal i had agreed to on the 15th. he took my details to set up a new direct debit and said they would send out a new hub and activate the line on 4th september, i said i'd been told the 25th August and he said he would try to get it expidited and to call back on friday to see what the situation is.

I don't see why the original date can't be honoured? would like someone from bt to check that i won't be charged from three direct debits. Just want this sorted.

Thanks,

Alan

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Broadband upgrade Problems

That looks like a mess, and I don't blame you for being apprehensive. I'm asking the forum moderators (BT staff) if they can check this out for you; if so, they will post contact info here later this morning.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Alan_mg

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems with your order.  I can appreciate how frustrating this experience has been for you.  You can get in touch with us and we will help sort everything out.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Alan_mg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for your reply, I've contacted you as advised.
Cheers,
Alan
0 Ratings
Alan_mg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

update

Had been told to phone back today (25 Aug) to check if i was able to get my connection expedited as the new date was 4th september and my original activation day was meant to be today. was told that there was no note of an expedite request, no sign that i was told today was my original date.  was then told that the hardware would not reach me in time if it had been expedited ( despite me having the hardware from the initial mess of an order) once i explained i had the hardware it was suddenly openreaches fault as it would take five working days and then i'd nearly be at my date.

The punch line for this Joke is that whilst i was on the phone another bt customer service assistant left me a voicemail saying that my order could not be expedited as the current occupier ( yes that's me!!!) wouldn't allow the services to be freed up untill that date.

Ridiculous!!!

0 Ratings
Alan_mg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Another update
Missed a call from Robbie at the weekend but he called back today (29 Aug) as he said he would. Still not able to get my Fibre set up until 4th September. I think it's poor when I placed my order on the 15th of August, I don't understand how hard it would be to phone the bt station in my area and tell them to activate my property. 1 phone call!
anyway he said he would be back in touch when it's up and running in September.

Also received a call from another operator with regards to "my order for no 8 tuzo close" had to try and tell her that bt have made a mistake, that is not my property and someone from the forums was dealing with it. Not 100% sure that this is finished with yet.
0 Ratings
Alan_mg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

This still hasn't been resolved, my worry about having multiple direct debits has been sorted by Robbie but he has given me a different deal than the one I signed up for. I messaged him on here on 14 September and it says he's seen it but hasn't responded. I also replied to the email that said the issue was resolved to say that it wasn't but haven't heard anything back from that. Very frustrating customer service or lack of customer service.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Alan_mg,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. I've spoken with @RobbieMac to let him know that you came in. Your case is still open and he was waiting for a reply to his email. Unfortunately, another person in a different line of business closed your email and didn't tell him. I'm really sorry that happened. Robbie will be in touch soon.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings