cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksm01
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Broadband usage exceeding extra charges - conflicting messages!

Hi all,

I've just logged on and there's an alert that states 'You have used your 25GB allowance with 14 days remaining. You will be charged £1.50 for every 1GB you use over your limit'.

Fair enough I think as I knew I was close to the limit (I don't usually go over the 25GB). This is the first time in the last 11 months that I've exceeded the usage.

I then click on the view usage link and a message in that new screen states 'We measure your broadband usage from the first to the last day of each month. We charge £1.80 for every GB, or part of a GB you go over your limit, and we'll add that amount to your bill after the end of the month.'

How can BT be saying that I'll be charged £1.50 for every 1GB I exceed and then quote £1.80 in the next screen.

Which is it? How can BT justify this?! Have I got any grounds to dispute this?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband usage exceeding extra charges - conflicting messages!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

There shouldn't be any excess charges, all packages are now unlimited.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/04/uk-isp-bt-removes-capped-broadband-packages-cuts-unlimi...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@licquorice wrote:

There shouldn't be any excess charges, all packages are now unlimited.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/04/uk-isp-bt-removes-capped-broadband-packages-cuts-unlimi...

That may only apply to new contracts, as all the new packages on the BT website are now all unlimited.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

I did wonder, but thought it would cause too much hassle and cost more to administer than it returned in revenue. Clarification from the mods would be good.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@ksm01 Thanks for posting, I can confirm the published charge in our price list is £1.80 per GB or part of if you go over your allowance and I'm sorry about the incorrect information in the usage alert you received, I've fed this back to be investigated. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings