Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfenceman
Expert
Message 1 of 14

Broadband usage monitor not working.

Hi,

I'm sure there is a later thread than this on the subject but this was the latest one that the search facility found.

Mine is stuck on 26-3.  Is anyone else finding the same ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 14

Monitor shows 27th March, here. Time 1-10pm.

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 3 of 14

I've been getting this message for the last three or four days. I'm just going to leave it alone until the e-mails have been changed over then I'll take it from there.  

"The account you have linked to your My BT page does not have BT Broadband. Please link your Broadband account before proceeding."

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 4 of 14

Re: Broadband usage monitor not working.

Seems to be working correctly for me at the moment.  Up to date to 2359 last night which is as it should be.

0 Ratings
BarnabyTBear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

"The account you have linked to your My BT page does not have BT Broadband. Please link your Broadband account before proceeding."

I have also been getting this enigmatic message in the last few days. I don't understand why BT displays this kind of useless message in a service used by millions of people. What does it mean? How can I fix it? How can I "link my broadband account", as instructed? If it just means that the usage monitor is "out of order", why don't they say so?

0 Ratings
GerardQ
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Me too. I started receiving this cryptic and misleading message last Sunday 23 March. I managed to have an online chat with a BT support person but, quite honestly, she had no idea. She passed it across to the technical team but I've heard nothing since. I can only speculate that the issue with broadband usage monitor is to do with the pending mass migration to the new BT site and e-mail in particular. BT - your communications team is not doing a very good job when we receive messages like this, ones suggesting its our issue. Please at least amend this message to say something we can actually understand.

0 Ratings
DonP
Message 7 of 14

Usage monitor stopped working for me last month.  I am receiveing message below.

Notice others having same problem.  Doesn't help when trying to make sure not going over usage limit.  Has been reported and am building chain of emails with BT re. this problem. 

Not happy with the situation and am sure many others in same boat.  Have only been with BT for a month -so not impressed so far!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
GerardQ
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

As of today, Thursday 10 April, I can now report that my broadband usage monitor is again available. As yet, I've not heard anything from BT stating this fact or what they did to fix the issue. I will try to find out more in the coming days. I remain almost certain that it's all to do with the rollout of the new BT website including migration of users across to the new BT mail. That said, I've no idea how all of this is being done, for example, by batches of users who need to wait in a queue until it's their turn, so to speak. In any case, for BT to post that very confusing (and alarmist) meesage on the home page of users' My BT was one big mistake. As somebody previously said, this would have sufficed and taken the pressure from BT themsleves:

"Sorry, the broadmand usage monitor is currently unavailable owing to bla bla bla. We will notify you as soon as it is again available." Yes, that would have saved a lot of grief. 

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 9 of 14

Yip, mine working now as well.

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 10 of 14

I don't know if the usage monitor has gone down again, but it is very late updating today.  For several months it has generally updated before 10am but suddenly it is still on the previous day's reading now at just before 7pm.

0 Ratings