cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Broadband with no landline

Hi, my friend has moved into a flat where there is a BT NT5 old box and I’m not sure if there’s dial tone yet - need to rest this with a phone.
They aren’t particularly bothered about using the landline as they make and receive almost all of their calls on mobiles. However they will want to order broadband (either over copper or fibre) - I am a little confused, will they need an active landline to order their broadband ? If this has been ceased, will they have to pay for a reconnection fee as well as the broadband ?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband with no landline

Welcome to this user forum.

Yes they will need to have a phone line provided first, once that is active, they will be able to order broadband.

If there is an existing route, then it may be possible to order both phone and broadband together as part of one order. That can reduce the initial connection charge.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Hi Micky, in most case the line connection/installation will be waived as part of a broadband order, ask your friend to place the order and any setup costs will be listed before the order is placed, all the current broadband deals have free activation except for essential fibre and standard broadband which is £29.99, the others just include the £9.99 postage fee.

You can also have any one off costs added to the first bill, so you don't have to wait to place the order 🙂

*Edit*

Keith clearly types faster, duplicate answer.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Many thanks, advice is much appreciated
0 Ratings