Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrwarman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Bt Home Move

Good Evening,

I am trying to help my father in law process a home move but everytime we try to do it online it comes back with this error message

We're sorry...

We can't show you your offers online because you've let us know you want to leave BT. We still have some great offers for you - call us at 0800 121 8083.

We Have called BT and they advised that someone has made an error on our lie and it needs to be rectified by their back office team which we are still waiting now 4 days down the line.. what exactly is the issue?

Disappointed as we have always been with BT and this is making us think if we should jump ship! we pick up the keys to the new house on Monday and can see we will be waiting quite a while for BT to sort out this issue. We were originally told that the issue would be sorted within 24 hours!!

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Bt Home Move

Did you use the BT HOME MOVE team

https://www.bt.com/manage/moving-home/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mrwarman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Yes we did and thats the error message we keep getting
We're sorry...
We can't show you your offers online because you've let us know you want to leave BT. We still have some great offers for you - call us at 0800 121 8083.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 13

Hi @mrwarman thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having trouble organising your father inlaws home move. 

Has he received a letter advising him that another customer has applied to take over his line? If that's happened there will be a stop order on the line which may be the reason behind that error message.

I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to look into this.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
mrwarman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Thanks Neil i have responded to your private message, supposedly we have a notice of transfer open on our account which needs closing before we can proceed

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 13

Thanks, @mrwarman we'll be in touch.  That's what I was thinking, the notice of transfer puts an order in place with Openreach to stop the line. This, in turn, prevents us from placing the home move order until the notice of transfer is cancelled. 

Thanks

Neil

mrwarman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Thank you, will you be in touch on private message?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 13

@mrwarman the moderation team work through the private messages in the order they arrive in our queue, so it will most likely be tomorrow before we can get to yours.

0 Ratings
mrwarman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

@NeilO That's fine dont worry, appreciate you helping me 🙂

0 Ratings
mrwarman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Hi guys

i know you are busy just wondering if you had managed to look at my private message from yesterday please?

thank you 

0 Ratings