Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 22

Re: Bt Landline Package...

Go to solution

@Park_Ranger 

If you renew your contract with BT you should be offered the same terms as new customers. Have you spoken to retentions yet?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

@iniltouswrote:

your ability to have a line share arrangement , (line rental separate from broadband) which was very common before TT and Sky launched their own network and used MPF ( not SMPF) to connect their customers to it, doesn’t particularly help the OP, your situation isn’t the same.

Isn't it? That the whole premise of this thread. The OP states in his OP that that is what he wants to do  & presumably has researched how to achieve it.

@iniltouswrote:

but as now explained, and you presumably already knew , I wasn’t replying to you , but the OP.

How could I possibly when you use "hosting" & FTTP in the same breath? If I had I wouldn't have needed to post to query it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution
Just to give you some details at the moment we pay £95 per month, annually that's more than Netflix, Amazon Prime, Now TV, the BBC license fee and an £8 per month game sub, all added together and multiplied by 2. (Our deal price was initially about £76 a month).

Admitted we have a top FTTP package, 300 Meg, but it seems an excessive charge when it costs less to run and maintain the wife's car.
So you can see why I want to get the price down.

NoSirWasntMe
"If you renew your contract with BT you should be offered the same terms as new customers. Have you spoken to retentions yet?"

No I haven't spoke to retentions yet, I will do later on and let you know how I get on.

I think it's very unlikely I will get a deal the same as that offered to new customers, they are for "New Customers" not "Loyal Customers". (Plus the fact that all new deals are a 24 month contract and I know within 24 months we will have more options).

There are "limited" options with FTTP, and we don't have the freedom of choice that FTTC or broadband over copper wire customers have.

I think my options are.... Talk to retentions, reduce the speed of our connection, explore possible other suppliers (Which I have already done).
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

@Park_Ranger 

New Ofcom rules means things have changed. How long ago did your contract finish?

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2019/fairer-prices-for-broadband-cu...

BT have committed to offer existing customers the same as new customer, but only for the period around contract expiry and annually around the anniversary going forward.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution
October last year.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

Just called retention's £59.99 a month. (New customers pay £49.99).
2 year contract.
300 Meg

You can't get the deals that are being offered to new customers, she wouldn't tell me why, just that "that's not how it works".

And I just got this in the confirmation email "Price Promise - you'll never pay more than a new customer and your bill won't go up when your contract ends." (DOH !! shoots self in foot).

If I dropped down to 150 Meg (£10 cheaper on the BT website) it would be the same price £59.99 because "it doesn't work like that" .

The mind boggles !!

I can't have 75 Meg because that's only FTTC not FTTP (OK I get that).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

Read above post first..........

Now just checking my order and it says "Halo 1 with Fibre 250".

Is the Fibre 250 package/deal for new customers also "Halo 1" at £49.99

Or does adding Halo 1 to a package add another £10 on to Fibre 250 deal ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

@Park_Ranger 

Sometimes Halo 1 will be added free.

But there is no reason why you could not get an 80/20 contract if you wanted to go cheaper.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

@ NoSirWasntMe..

"But there is no reason why you could not get an 80/20 contract if you wanted to go cheaper."

I think I would get a "Computer says no".

It wasn't an easy conversation with BT, no you can't do that was said a few times.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

@Park_Ranger 

My brother has a 1Gb FTTP connection in a new-build with a 55/10 contract as that is all he needs.

0 Ratings