Beginner
biker52

Bt.com homepage

Every time I open the PC I am asked 'do you want to set Bt.com as your homepage?'.  I click on 'set Bt.com as my only home page' . I m getting a bit fed up with it. I haven't changed any setting on my PC. Any suggestions?

Sage
imjolly

Re: Bt.com homepage

try deleting your temp internet files and cookies

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
gg30340

Do you want BT.Com as your home page. If you do open the page BT.Com then go to Tools > Internet Options > General > Homepage > use current.

This should set it as home page and stop the message.

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"
SRDBrooks

I have a different concern. I still want to use My Yahoo as a home page becuase I can customise it but when I try to log in to it using my btinternet email address I am hjacked to the BT.com home page. How can I continue to use My Yahoo purely as a home page accepting that to log into email I must go through the BT.com page.

The new BT home page is hopeless - full of adverts and junk I dont want about celebrities. If there is any benefit to people using your home page BT has sacrificed mine!

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Have you looked at this page?

Access Yahoo Notepad - e-mail and calendar

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

38divit

me too!  sick to teeth of website & umpteen log ins, redirections, problems with cookies, unable to view earlier bills etc & no-one at BT interested or addressing complaints on subject!  Reminds me of Talk Talk in the early days, I left them and I will be getting rid of BT asap

38divit

Re: Billing & Cookies

I too am having problems with bt.com relating to cookies.  My old bills have disappeared, (and to think we have to pay for paper bills!),  I am constantly being asked to sign in whilst on the website within minutes of having done so.  Tried to speak to BT about this is like trying to get blood out of a stone.  This happens whether I use Firefox, Google or IE.  Also I am constatny having to alter the cookies that I authorise this website to use back to my choice, BT revert this to all cookies without first asking  me.  I also note that they have combined two cookies together now, ie strictly necessary and performance!!!

Yesterday I submitted a complaint about the issue with cookies.  Email reply from Technical Dept India, didnt even touch on the problem.  I called them and they state there is no problem with cookies but they did want to access my pc remotely, I refused as I know the problem is with BT.

The silence from BT. on this issue is unreasonable to say the least & due to answers I've received from Technical dept I have no confidence in BT. Perhaps a call to the ICO for advice later on today!

38divit

Re: Cookie settings malfunctioning on BT Home page - no access

I have this problem too.  Cookies are still not working, having to log in at every few seconds. Viewing earlier bills is impossible.  My cookie prefernce is not being  upheld,  yet no-one can assist Tech Dept, are of no help whatsoever and certaily do not understand the problem is their repliles are anything to go by.  This problem is infuriating, its happens no matter what browser I use and I am now concerned about security of my info held by BT.  Nobody addressing issue, means its huge problem!